Steve Smith broke his arm

Pete

Smith broke his arm playing flag football this weekend. Just a heads up for Fantasy Football

I'm wondering where the experts pegged Smith pre-injury. I traded for him late last season (gave up Marshawn Lynch in a trade of under-achievers), and he wasn't even giving me #3 WR value. Now, with three rookies and Moore competing for the starting QB job in Carolina and Smith with a broken arm, is he even worth drafting at all?

I'm wondering where the experts pegged Smith pre-injury. I traded for him late last season (gave up Marshawn Lynch in a trade of under-achievers), and he wasn't even giving me #3 WR value. Now, with three rookies and Moore competing for the starting QB job in Carolina and Smith with a broken arm, is he even worth drafting at all?

Last year was definitely a drop off from the #s he had been putting up for a few years before that, and he's 31 now so I'd expect a gradual decline. Still a high end #2 WR IMO.

Smith broke his arm playing flag football this weekend. Just a heads up for Fantasy Football

Im still amazed by some of the rosters in the league -- smith, fellow panthers receiver moore, and josh mccown? odd to me.

Last year was definitely a drop off from the #s he had been putting up for a few years before that, and he's 31 now so I'd expect a gradual decline. Still a high end #2 WR IMO.

QB play had alot to do with his numbers also...wasnt he out a game on a coaches suspension as well? Age definitely isnt on his side but I wouldnt pass on him just yet IMO.