Hard drive partition problem

Adam

I have been doing maintenance on a friend's computer over the weekend and I have a question. His hard drive is divided into C and D, as many are, but whoever set this machine up put 16 GB on the C and over 60 GB on the D. Is there any way to change the amount of space? Everything in on the small part and it is running slow- he doesn't have room for everything either.

I have been doing maintenance on a friend's computer over the weekend and I have a question. His hard drive is divided into C and D, as many are, but whoever set this machine up put 16 GB on the C and over 60 GB on the D. Is there any way to change the amount of space? Everything in on the small part and it is running slow- he doesn't have room for everything either.

What's the OS?

I have the same problem. I hope you get a answer. I tried some partition manager programs but apparently because I have Windows XP professional they didn't work.

XP service pack 3. Can I just delete the partition?

When you say "everything" is on C, is there really nothing you need on D?

If not, I think you can merge all of D into C using this:

http://download.cnet.com/Easeus-Partition-...cdlPid=10982635

I haven't used this, so you may need to delete D, and then expand C to take up the unused space.

This article explains how to remove the D drive in XP:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307844

Everything good, then?

Sure looks like it- I returned his music to the MY Music folder and it reappeared in ITUNES (I will have him check to make sure it is all there). Plenty of room on the C drive to save games and music now. I even left 15 GB on the D Drive, so I can set it up to hold restore points.