A QB's favorite receiver.

When Josh Reed got hurt, the Bills offensive production went way down.

Last year when the TE (Wendling?) got hurt the offense was neutered.

Kelly threw to Reed and Lofton.

Reich seemed to thow more to Beebe.

Sorry, I'm drunk. And not only. It's still better than yelling at one another, IMO. But, I'm drunk.

Guest dog14787
When Josh Reed got hurt, the Bills offensive production went way down.

Kelly threw to Reed and Lofton.

Reich seemed to thow more to Beebe.

Sorry, I'm drunk. And not only. It's still better than yelling at one another, IMO. But, I'm drunk.

Almost every successful QB in the NFL has that one main guy they can count on and in some cases its a TE. Without that favorite receiver its a very good possibility the QB will struggle.

You mentioned Josh Reed and there was a time when Reed was becoming TE's favorite target and in that time span TE probably played some of his best football. Pass catching Tight Ends are also very import to the progress and success of a developing QB. Buffalo's TE situation has not been a strong point since the days of Jim "Machine Gun" Kelly and Thermal Warfare and in my opinion it directly relates to the QB struggles we have had here in Buffalo.

Drunk or not Dobler you bring up a good point my friend. Is Lee Evans as good as everyone thinks he is? I like Evans , but he's probably a number # 2 on most successful ball clubs.

Schouman...and speaking of whom, I'm curious to see who ends up starting at TE. Derek was having a really strong start to the season last year and Nelson looked like a steal being drafted in the 4th rd. The TE position hasn't been a real strength since the McKellar-Metzelaars years...have a feeling that's about to rectify itself

There is no question that Shawn Nelson is the starting tight end. He has the size and speed that Schouman lacks, and has the hands as well. He only needs to work on his route running and blocking, something that Schouman needs to work on as well.

Im interested to see what role the pass catching tight end plays in this offense, and if the lack of blocking will make a difference.

Guest dog14787
Schouman...and speaking of whom, I'm curious to see who ends up starting at TE. Derek was having a really strong start to the season last year and Nelson looked like a steal being drafted in the 4th rd. The TE position hasn't been a real strength since the McKellar-Metzelaars years...have a feeling that's about to rectify itself

I agree, its been awhile since we had quality pass catching TE's here in Buffalo, but Shouman and Nelson both have great hands and in my opinion Shaun Nelson has a very bright future ahead of him in the NFL.

I also think Jonathan Stupar has the potential to do great things here in Buffalo and I hope he gets the chance to prove himself working under an experienced OC like Chan Gailey. Nobody plays with more heart and tenacity on this Bills football team then Jonathan Stupar.

I agree, its been awhile since we had quality pass catching TE's here in Buffalo, but Shouman and Nelson both have great hands and in my opinion Shaun Nelson has a very bright future ahead of him in the NFL.

I also think Jonathan Stupar has the potential to do great things here in Buffalo and I hope he gets the chance to prove himself working under an experienced OC like Chan Gailey. Nobody plays with more heart and tenacity on this Bills football team then Jonathan Stupar.

Really? You can tell this by his outstanding special teams play and his unbelievable practice squad scores?

George Wilson plays with more heart than Stupar, because he was on the field every week, in the game, making plays.

Guest dog14787
Really? You can tell this by his outstanding special teams play and his unbelievable practice squad scores?

George Wilson plays with more heart than Stupar, because he was on the field every week, in the game, making plays.

Welcome to the board,

Did a thread about Jonathan Stupar's journey into the NFL a season ago, here's a caption of it,

Jonathan Stupar was brought in as an undrafted free agent by the New England Patriots at the beginning of the 08 season where a broken foot ultimately may have led to a mended heart for Jonathan Stupar. During rehab Doctors found that Stupar was suffering from Wolfe Parkinson White Syndrome, a heart condition that can prove fatal.

“It’s a heart abnormality,” said Stupar. “I had an extra electrical circuit in the heart and it’s something they can only catch really on an EKG".

So a broken foot suffered while practicing on the football field in essence may have saved young Stupar's life.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...c=93649&hl=

Its fairly easy to pick out the obvious future superstar players in the NFL, C.J. Spiller for instance, but I like to dig a little deeper,

and speaking of WR's, Keep an Eye on Marcus Easley