Racism question

Why is it when I express my disdain for our"commander in chief :) I always[in some circles] get the "well your just a racist " look, But when I express my admiration for Clarence Thomas I am also a racist because I support a "uncle Tom"

What I am getting at is are black conservatives considered traitors to their race? Do the the Dem's have that strong a hold on them?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it when I express my disdain for our"commander in chief :) I always[in some circles] get the "well your just a racist " look, But when I express my admiration for Clarence Thomas I am also a racist because I support a "uncle Tom"

What I am getting at is are black conservatives considered traitors to their race? Do the the Dem's have that strong a hold on them?

They use it because they know it bothers you

I agree with this. Just be more informed than them, and provide concrete facts to back up your disdain. If there's anything imbeciles hate, it's an informed opinion.

I agree with this. Just be more informed than them, and provide concrete facts to back up your disdain. If there's anything imbeciles hate, it's an informed opinion.

Please don't speak for other people when you have no idea what you are talking about.

At least for me - I view Clarence Thomas and Michael Steele as "token black guys" for the Republican party intended to mask the appearance of racism. Steele is an idiot, but he's the head of the RNC because the Republicans need to be able to point to something and say "Look, a black guy, see we are not racist".

And sure not all Republicans are racist, probably only a minority percentage are. But that does not change facts like this: In the last 100 years there have been exactly three Republican black men elected to the House of Representatives (Oscar Stanton De Priest, Gary Franks, and J. C. Watts). This is hardly representative of the general populous.

So in any case, if your attacks against Obama are not logical, I tend to suspect racism, as racism is not logical. And yes, I suspect many people are subconsciously racist so that even they are not aware of it.

Please don't speak for other people when you have no idea what you are talking about.

At least for me - I view Clarence Thomas and Michael Steele as "token black guys" for the Republican party intended to mask the appearance of racism. Steele is an idiot, but he's the head of the RNC because the Republicans need to be able to point to something and say "Look, a black guy, see we are not racist".

And sure not all Republicans are racist, probably only a minority percentage are. But that does not change facts like this: In the last 100 years there have been exactly three Republican black men elected to the House of Representatives (Oscar Stanton De Priest, Gary Franks, and J. C. Watts). This is hardly representative of the general populous.

So in any case, if your attacks against Obama are not logical, I tend to suspect racism, as racism is not logical. And yes, I suspect many people are subconsciously racist so that even they are not aware of it.

You proved my point perfectly.Thank you.

If you believe that then you simply have no brain. The Republican party has more than it's share of nut cases but Steele (for the most part) has a sensible, calm message.

The reason that liberals label anyone a racist if they criticize Obama is because they know that the criticism is right but they'd rather not see the criticism for what it is so they take the low, convenient road to racism.

Nice that Obama and Biden were golfing yesterday. The oil still continues to flow into the Gulf of Mexico and clean up operations there are incompetent.

"Change We Can Believe In"

I nominate this as Post of The Year.

But that does not change facts like this: In the last 100 years there have been exactly three Republican black men elected to the House of Representatives (Oscar Stanton De Priest, Gary Franks, and J. C. Watts). This is hardly representative of the general populous.

Do you even realize how incredibly stupid and nonsensical a statement this is?

Token black guys? I don't understand that. Also, racism is very logical and is a human flaw. People don't like that which is different than they are- which is one of the main reasons why some of the people on this board are unnecessarily abusive to you, even when you aren't involved in a discussion.

Token black guys? I don't understand that. Also, racism is very logical and is a human flaw. People don't like that which is different than they are- which is one of the main reasons why some of the people on this board are unnecessarily abusive to you, even when you aren't involved in a discussion.

Conner gets it because he is unnecessarily abusive to the truth at times.

Conner has as much right to be wrong as those who disagree with him

Conner has every right to be stupid. And I have every right to mock him mercilessly for it.

It's not because he's "different". It's because he's completely incapable of formulating a coherent thought.