Manute Bol Passes

Beerball

I heard an article on Manute Bol a few years back on NPR. I never realized how much humanitarian work he'd done for his home country, and in how much pain he lived each and every single day. That was a brave, strong man. Safe travels, Mr. Bol.

I remember Billy Crystal saying he made "My Giant" with Gheorghe Muresan because he was inspired by a conversation he had on the set of "The Princess Bride" with Andre the Giant. Andre said something like "Giants and Little People are screwed; we all die young."*

RIP Manute. Nobody can accuse you of not trying.

*Looked all over and I can't find evidence of this, so take the appropriate salt grain.

RIP Manute. I met him at a high rollers bar at Mohegan Sun. He was sitting down- and no mistaking, even sitting down I knew it was Matute Bol. Very cool and down to earth. First thing I asked him- "what is up Manute Bol?" "Absolutely nothing". Good dude, and too young to die

:)

RIP

When I was still a fan of the Golden State Warriors, and the NBA in general, I will never forget the times when Bol would shoot from the 3-point range. Every time he made one the crowd would go crazy.

I remember that too when I used to watch the NBA back in the early 90's.

RIP :thumbsup:

I remember Billy Crystal saying he made "My Giant" with Gheorghe Muresan because he was inspired by a conversation he had on the set of "The Princess Bride" with Andre the Giant. Andre said something like "Giants and Little People are screwed; we all die young."*

RIP Manute. Nobody can accuse you of not trying.

*Looked all over and I can't find evidence of this, so take the appropriate salt grain.

So, he made My Giant quick before Muresan died?

When he played for the Bullets he went back home to get married. He was talking in an interview that it was sort of arranged and he had to pay a cow for the right to choose a wife. I guess he had enough money to pay for the cow.