Edwards hitting on the deep ball?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

If you look at those balls, they were fluttering all the way down, they had no touch on them, and absolutely no zip behind it. Both of them would have been intercepted or have put the receiver in a position to get killed.

You can look at the video and see what you want, but Edwards is not a downfield QB. He doesn't throw with any confidence at all, and that is obvious in this video. If Gailey's offense relies on QB to simply manage the passing game, keep it short on 3rd down, and rely solely on the run game, then Edwards is the man. But if this offense relies on the QB to take advantage of mismatches downfield, especially over the middle, then Edwards will lead the Bills to the 1st overall pick in 2011 draft.

No.

If you look at those balls, they were fluttering all the way down, they had no touch on them, and absolutely no zip behind it. Both of them would have been intercepted or have put the receiver in a position to get killed.

You can look at the video and see what you want, but Edwards is not a downfield QB. He doesn't throw with any confidence at all, and that is obvious in this video. If Gailey's offense relies on QB to simply manage the passing game, keep it short on 3rd down, and rely solely on the run game, then Edwards is the man. But if this offense relies on the QB to take advantage of mismatches downfield, especially over the middle, then Edwards will lead the Bills to the 1st overall pick in 2011 draft.

happy hour has started already apparently.

No.

The throws looked like ****. Both of them had nothing on them and wobbled horribly. and What gets me there are no pads on, no rush, nothing. All he has to do is wind up and sling the ball, but still he pushes the ball down the field and gets no snap on it.

I just hope we don't waste too many more games on this bum

The throws looked like ****. Both of them had nothing on them and wobbled horribly. and What gets me there are no pads on, no rush, nothing. All he has to do is wind up and sling the ball, but still he pushes the ball down the field and gets no snap on it.

Come on--they didn't look that bad.

Support for Edwards is never going to happen on this board. I wonder what happens if he lights it up the 1st 3 or 4 weeks. At what point would people change their tune? 3 Games? Season?

It's probably not going to happen, but he has the talent to do it and I'm open to it.

How old were you when Edwards raped you?

Support for Edwards is never going to happen on this board. I wonder what happens if he lights it up the 1st 3 or 4 weeks. At what point would people change their tune? 3 Games? Season?

It's probably not going to happen, but he has the talent to do it and I'm open to it.

8 games

I would have never thought you would see the throws this way....

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/v...64-bfb85361eca3

In yesterday's OTA, Edwards threw 2 long TD's, 1 to Felton Huggins for 60 yards and the other to Chad Jackson. I know it's only OTA's and the pads aren't on, but could Edwards thrive in Gailey's offense?

Comments...

From what little we see on these practice highlights Ive now noticed how Edwards pats the ball before he throws it about half the time, which gives the defense more time to react, his deep ball has never been his strong point yet its has been his recievers strong point!? This has never made sense to me. I have been a Trent, he could be the next Frank Reich. A very good #2 smart enough to know the offense, good enough to win some games, but just not a full time starter.

Fitzpatrick seems to be throwing picks all the time, his accuracy is terrible and has a weak arm, if he is named the starter we have no upside this year.

IMO and the limited amount we have seen Brohm is looking the best having touch on his passes and a stronger arm than the other two.