Lakers / Celtics - Game 7

Conch

This is the only NBA game I have watched this season and I watched about 15 minutes of it over the last two periods.

1. I watched way too much of the NBA this year. What was I thinking?

2. What a putrid game pro basketball has evolved to. Even my dog became sick watching it.

3. The refs were horrendous. Why is it okay to hack a Celtic but not a Laker? And I hate the Celtics.

5. The announcers were worse than the refs (even now I am not sure that is possible!). They gave verbal sex to Kobe the same way Al Michaels gives verbal sex to Pig Ben.

6. The only player I remotely liked was that fat boy Baby Davis. But how can anyone possibly be so fat when you play pro basketball?

7. Game plan - Offense -- shoot from any angle all the time and hope it goes in. Defense -- hack em. We played this in the 8th grade gym.

8. I just don't get it. It is not entertaining and it certainly is not a team sport.

This is the only NBA game I have watched this season and I watched about 15 minutes of it over the last two periods.

Ummm... I agree with pretty much everything you said, but this is quite a contradiction.

2. What a putrid game pro basketball has evolved to. Even my dog became sick watching it.

3. The refs were horrendous. Why is it okay to hack a Celtic but not a Laker? And I hate the Celtics.

5. The announcers were worse than the refs (even now I am not sure that is possible!). They gave verbal sex to Kobe the same way Al Michaels gives verbal sex to Pig Ben.

6. The only player I remotely liked was that fat boy Baby Davis. But how can anyone possibly be so fat when you play pro basketball?

7. Game plan - Offense -- shoot from any angle all the time and hope it goes in. Defense -- hack em. We played this in the 8th grade gym.

8. I just don't get it. It is not entertaining and it certainly is not a team sport.

I know there is not alot going on but this message board is usually reserved for football related issues.

NBA: one-on-one hack-a-thon all the time. Why not get rid of all the other teams and have the Celtics and Lakers play every game? Or play it like a shootout in hockey, with each team picking a single chosen player to go one-on-one against a chosen defender, turn-in turn out, for 100 attempts each, and tote it up at the end.

I watched about 15 minutes of last night's game and was astounded at the horrible level of play. Neither team appeared to have any offensive ability at all. The "great" Kobe Bryant was something like 5 for 21 and they showed some guy on the free throw line who was like 4 for 17.

I turned if off and went to bed with a few minutes left. It was that bad.

I watched about 15 minutes of last night's game and was astounded at the horrible level of play. Neither team appeared to have any offensive ability at all. The "great" Kobe Bryant was something like 5 for 21 and they showed some guy on the free throw line who was like 4 for 17.

I turned if off and went to bed with a few minutes left. It was that bad.

I'm so glad to hear a few others say this, lol....I think it's almost laughable how sloppy and unskilled some of that play was. People mention all the rebounds, but that's cause nobody could hit a damn SHOT, so there were all sorts of balls available to be rebounded! I understand the argument about great defense, but that doesn't account for continuously missing wide open shots from the floor (talking to YOU Ray Alllen), or free throws, etc. When I turned it on, I was wanting the Celts to win, mainly because I think Kobe is a punkass. But like you, after watching for a while, I just didn't care anymore. No wonder why the rest of the world has closed the gap on the US in international competition....we've lost sight of how to play the fundamentals of the game!

two of the best defensive teams + maximum effort in a game 7 + the refs letting them play because its game 7 = the so called ugly offensive game.

I thought it was great to watch. Both teams were giving fantastic effort which is rare to see nowadays.

I'm not the biggest NBA fan, anymore but I watched a few playoff games this year including many in the final series. While I won't go point for point on your observations (some with which I agree), I will say this:

Game 7 was not a good representative example of NBA play and certainly wasn't representative of playoff basketball. It was a particularly stinky crapfest.

The Lakers and Celtics are the two best defensive teams in the NBA. It was some of the best defensive effort I've seen in an NBA game in a long time. The defenses would not let the offenses get in any rhythm.