Danny Briere traffic accident

That car got messed up. Good thing no one was riding in the back seat.

Land Rovers are surprisingly safe. I've seen one flip twice, then roll down a 30-foot embakment, and the driver walk away without a scratch.

Too bad for Danny....

Just when a long, grueling season is over and you get to come home to the family for a few months....he does this.

You know Mrs. Briere will not be putting out until September at best.

You've never heard of post-crash nookie?

he was heading back to buffalo? I thought he said he was going back to see family in Canada?

Sounds fishy that he "started to dose off behind the wheel", definitly not a good thing with your child in the car, good to know that this ended well and no one was seriously hurt

You've never heard of post-crash nookie?

Not the way a woman thinks.....

You would think the first thought would be she is happy nobody is hurt....which is correct.

However, her mind then turns to spinning how he could have put their child in danger like that. She looks at the pictures and knows that if the whole family was in the car, the kids would be in the back of the truck. Then she goes into a hormonal rage of "what if?".

Danny's on the couch tonight. His best hope of nookie is to go hang with Campbell and the Blackhawks in a shirtless limo.

he was heading back to buffalo? I thought he said he was going back to see family in Canada?

Sounds fishy that he "started to dose off behind the wheel", definitly not a good thing with your child in the car, good to know that this ended well and no one was seriously hurt

He's from the Ottawa area, Gatineau I believe. Straight up I-81.

PTR

Not good at any time. We had a woman on a bike path killed here once when a driver fell asleep. Went off the road, the woman never had a chance. Just pull over and take a nap.Is that so hard?

Not good at any time. We had a woman on a bike path killed here once when a driver fell asleep. Went off the road, the woman never had a chance. Just pull over and take a nap.Is that so hard?

No it's not hard, but people tend to think the situation isn't as severe as it is. If they are sleepy, they can make it a little farther without a problem. It's become a commonplace mentality to think you are fine in this situation, until it's too late.

No it's not hard, but people tend to think the situation isn't as severe as it is. If they are sleepy, they can make it a little farther without a problem. It's become a commonplace mentality to think you are fine in this situation, until it's too late.

Not knowing what he was thinking, but from looking at the maps, he would have passed the "Welcome to NY" rest area along 81 about 10 miles prior, and was heading into Binghamton where of course there are several hotels.

For the record, I did fall asleep one time late at night driving. Woke up to the rumble strips and the very next rest area pulled over and slept instead of trying to go farther. It's a shocking feeling waking up to that noise not knowing what could happen right then. Are you heading off the road? Is there someone else near you that you could hit while trying to get back on the road? You must answer these two questions and many more in less than 1 second.

Not knowing what he was thinking, but from looking at the maps, he would have passed the "Welcome to NY" rest area along 81 about 10 miles prior, and was heading into Binghamton where of course there are several hotels.

For the record, I did fall asleep one time late at night driving. Woke up to the rumble strips and the very next rest area pulled over and slept instead of trying to go farther. It's a shocking feeling waking up to that noise not knowing what could happen right then. Are you heading off the road? Is there someone else near you that you could hit while trying to get back on the road? You must answer these two questions and many more in less than 1 second.

One time driving across the endless flat farmland of Manitoba, looking for a place to pull over and sleep[anything, just a side road would have been fine] I actually heard a voice in my head say"just go to sleep,when you wake up you will be there". Scary part is I believed it. Thank God I found a gas station to pull over and sleep in their lot.

Spent many days driving the highways of FL a few years ago. The long, boring roads inevitably make you drowsy. I got to know every Rest Stop on 95 & 75. 20 minute power nap and you're good to go!

One of the comments from the article: "Briere can't pass, what's new"

:thumbsup:

Hey Jim... You are a bush pilot right? Ever hear of microsleep... It is what I am doing right now... :lol::thumbsup:

Anyway, here is the Wiki entry:

Microsleep

I am surprised nobody mentioned this. I didn't read the DB article yet, maybe that is what happened?

EDIT:

"When experiencing microsleeps while driving an automobile, from the perspective of the driver, he or she drives a car, and then suddenly realizes that several seconds have passed by unnoticed. It is not obvious to the driver that he or she was asleep during those missing seconds, although this is in fact what happened. The sleeping driver is at very high risk for having an accident during a microsleep episode."

You all know I don't think too highly of DB... But I can at least cut him some slack here. What has been said about Mrs. Briere makes her sound like a real "winner" if she can't cut him some slack too... At least nobody got hurt. Anyway, don't even get me started on her from the whole fall out of DB leaving the Sabres.

Hey Jim... You are a bush pilot right? Ever hear of microsleep... It is what I am doing right now... :lol::thumbsup:

Microsleep

I am surprised nobody mentioned this. I didn't read the DB article yet, maybe that is what happened?

EDIT:

"When experiencing microsleeps while driving an automobile, from the perspective of the driver, he or she drives a car, and then suddenly realizes that several seconds have passed by unnoticed. It is not obvious to the driver that he or she was asleep during those missing seconds, although this is in fact what happened. The sleeping driver is at very high risk for having an accident during a microsleep episode."

You all know I don't think too highly of DB... But I can at least cut him some slack here. What has been said about Mrs. Briere makes her sound like a real "winner" if she can't cut him some slack too... At least nobody got hurt. Anyway, don't even get me started on her from the whole fall out of DB leaving the Sabres.

Microsleep also happens to people on the job - if your occupation is one that is dangerous then you can expose yourself and others to harm.

Hey Jim... You are a bush pilot right? Ever hear of microsleep... It is what I am doing right now... :thumbsup::w00t:

Microsleep

EDIT:

Difference is in a plane trimmed for level flight you CAN fall asleep. It will just continue on its merry way till it runs out of fuel