Rock Bottom. They say it works for alcoholics/drug users.

Read below before you answer  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with this assessment?

• Yes
    • Kinda
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think Rock Bottom will have the desired effect?

• Yes
    • Kinda
    • No
  3. 3. Are you rooting for Rock Bottom?

• Yes
    • Kinda
    • No

First let's define what I mean. We see the state and Federal government bureaucracy/unions/pensions, the whole mess, literally dying on the vine. The only way they can continue is to keep demanding that their representatives keep voting them money, which in turn, keeps the economy a mess, and business out. Sooner or later there will be a breaking point when these various governments simply cannot meet their ridiculous obligations to these ridiculous people. I am calling that Rock Bottom. I am not talking about teachers and fireman, blah, blah, blah. I am talking about giving away free money in Brooklyn for no real reason other than you can...by taxing some away from Manhattan and Amherst.

If we hit Rock Bottom in NYS, none of the electoral/political math matters. Sheldon Silver and the rest of his idiots will have no power over money, if there is no money. All of the union contracts will simply have to be broken. There will be no point in suing, because there is no money. In effect, these liberal idiots will have spent their power away. The entire state will have to be forcibly reorganized and there will be little anyone can do to stop it.

The worst thing that can happen, with both alcoholics, and with the government, is a near miss at Rock Bottom. This makes both feel like "they don't really have a problem" and they go right back to the bad behavior and often it's even worse.

Ultimately Rock Bottom may be exactly what we need. Perhaps we should even be rooting for it. I know it will suck for a time, but anything is better than what we have had the last 20 years, and Rock Bottom = hope. Perhaps we should root for no settlement of the budget? Perhaps letting this version of NYS die is best for all? "Let me be clear"(which usually means BS is about to be spoken, but not in this case): to me these are still questions, honestly, which is why I want to know what you think.

The system is supported by guns, not its own merit. It will only die when it no longer serves the rich and powerful people it now serves well.

What you may call revolution I would call sovereignty. I didnt sign the constitution. Nobody did. They only witnessed its creation. I want private, voluntary government.