Gotta love Gates and Buffett

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE65F5CC20100616

I love this. Yeah, the billionaires Gates and Buffett are appealing to don't have to do it, they just should, at least in my opinion. I think you and your family and heirs can afford to live fairly comfortably on a few billion.

Gotta love the first response under that article. God bless Amerika, eh? :devil:

Not going to happen. I could see it if these guys weren't going to have to pay 55% estate tax on the rest of their wealth. They are already giving more than half, and I doubt they will settle for giving their relatives 25%.

Not going to happen. I could see it if these guys weren't going to have to pay 55% estate tax on the rest of their wealth. They are already giving more than half, and I doubt they will settle for giving their relatives 25%.

Two of the very richest and most famous did, and already convinced a few others. Not sure why they couldn't convince (or guilt) more and more. Surely not all of them will, maybe not even a large percentage, but a billion dollars is a lot of freakin' money that can do a lot of good. They may get a sizable number of the 403.

The Gates Foundation really seems to do a decent job, although it's really tough to know what really happens at those kinds of places. But Buffett sure seems to think it's billions well spent, and he's about a straight a shooter as one could hope for.

Two of the very richest and most famous did, and already convinced a few others. Not sure why they couldn't convince (or guilt) more and more. Surely not all of them will, maybe not even a large percentage, but a billion dollars is a lot of freakin' money that can do a lot of good. They may get a sizable number of the 403.

The Gates Foundation really seems to do a decent job, although it's really tough to know what really happens at those kinds of places. But Buffett sure seems to think it's billions well spent, and he's about a straight a shooter as one could hope for.

If they don't give, the government under it's current leadership will find ways to make them. So, they may as well.

Gotta love the first response under that article. God bless Amerika, eh? :devil:

"One of the main reasons capitalism has degenerated so much is that the corporations are now controlled by speculators shareholders without any long term vision or sense of social responsibility instead of by private individuals."

So private individuals (in their guise as shareholders, either owning directly or via mutual funds, pension funds, 401(k)s, etc.) don't like capital gains and dividend income? I never knew that...