What Marshawn Missed

Ennjay

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll chime in: we don't have to tear down one RB to build up another. I agree the undervaluing Lynch is annoying and uncalled for. But, I think you are ridiculously hung up on the TD count. I'd be all for your comments if you simply chimed in with something like "Don't hate on Lynch, he's an asset to the team" or even "Lynch has a role to play and has a nose for the end zone."

I'm working, so I don't have time to loook up stats, but I think Jackson was clearly the better RB last year and the end of the year before. He had better field vision and situational awareness. I suspect Jackson had a much higher percentage of throws to him caught and did more with them when he caught the ball. Still, I love Lynch's play and hope he keeps growing and improving. Goodness knows I wouldn't want him beating up our D.

At least you make some sense Matt. BOTH are good. Freddie does some things better like yards per carry and cut backs. Your assessments and everyone else's assessment of who is better is based on feel, personality and qualitative opinion. Everyone ignores the STATS, in particular, TDs. I know it gets tiresome but some people just aren't that smart and they don't get that TDs mean points. Points win games. It's that simple but some don't get it or discount it because they hate the man and ignore his accomplishments as a RB.

People are excuse making whiners. That don't want to give credit to Lynch as an asset to the team so they say dumb things like TDs don't matter. IDIOTS!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=10195

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=10456

I think Jackson had better numbers in 2009. Quantitatively speaking, of course.

Thank you for the response but answer me this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many points do they hand out for yards/carry?

How many points do they hand out for yards from scrimmage?

How many points do they hand out for receptions?

How many points do they hand out for TDs?

Quantitatively speaking, of course :rolleyes:

PS. I wouldn't ask a question that I didn't already know the answer to!

At least you make some sense Matt. BOTH are good. Freddie does some things better like yards per carry and cut backs. Your assessments and everyone else's assessment of who is better is based on feel, personality and qualitative opinion. Everyone ignores the STATS, in particular, TDs. I know it gets tiresome but some people just aren't that smart and they don't get that TDs mean points. Points win games. It's that simple but some don't get it or discount it because they hate the man and ignore his accomplishments as a RB.

People are excuse making whiners. That don't want to give credit to Lynch as an asset to the team so they say dumb things like TDs don't matter. IDIOTS!!!!

Jackson had 4 TDs last year. Lynch had 2.

I'm not "hating on Lynch". I just think Jackson is a better player. That's all.

"Running into people, . . . running past people, putting my hands on people, roughing people up a little bit, I missed that."

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin' . . .

There could not be a better quote from Marshawn. Welcome back dude!

:rolleyes:

I'll play along. Can you explain how Jackson outplayed Lynch last year? Something quantitative would be nice.

Did you really just say that?

How about this? Jackson 237 carries for 1062yards at a 4.5 yds per clip compared to Marshawn's 120 carries for 450 at 3.8 yds per rush.

Or how what about Jacksons 46 receptions for 371 yds at 8.1 yds per reception compared to Marshawn's 28 receptions for 179 yds at 6.4 yds per reception.

How's that for quantitative?

Again, to talk up Lynch or Jackson, you don't need to put the other guy down. They are both good rbs and if Lynch's head is on right, they both can be big assets. At the very least, force Lynch to work his tail off through camp. Have him earn a spot. If you have Lynch, Jackson, and Spiller, you may have the best rbs in the entire NFL. If another teams starter at rb goes down in camp (it always happens), Lynch's value goes up. And if Lynch richards around, then have him rot on the bench at a 3rd stringer.

But don't show your hand early. The Bills are in a good place with running backs.

Jackson had 4 TDs last year. Lynch had 2.

I'm not "hating on Lynch". I just think Jackson is a better player. That's all.

Sooooooo

RUSHING

Marshawn Lynch playing 13 games with 120 carries got 2 rushing TDs

Marshawn as a starter in 2007 & 2008 averaged 7.5 rushing TDs

Fred Jackson playing 16 games with 237 carries(twice as many as Lynch) got ....2 rushing TDs (Same as Lynch)

Fred Jackson in 2007 & 2008 averaged 1.5 rushing TDs

Who is better there?

RECEIVING

Marshawn playing 13 games with 28 rec got 0 receiving TDs

Marshawn as a starter in 2007 & 2008 averaged 1/2 TDs

Fred Jackson as a starter playing 16 games with 46 rec got 2 receiving TDs

Fred Jackson in 2007 & 2008 averaged 0 TDs.

Who is better there? (Freddie gets the nod on receiving TDs and I think he is a better WR in general.)

What have we learned here? As a starter their is no comparison between Lynch and Jackson for rushing TDs. Lynch is the clear winner. As a starter Freddie is slightly the better WR of the two and has the TDs to prove it.

Anyone can have an opinion of who is the better RB and too each his own. Some peoples opinions are backed with statistics and fact. Other's, not quite as much. Personally I tend to focus on how many points a player puts on the board. Lynch is clearly better at putting points on the board.

Did you really just say that?

How about this? Jackson 237 carries for 1062yards at a 4.5 yds per clip compared to Marshawn's 120 carries for 450 at 3.8 yds per rush.

Or how what about Jacksons 46 receptions for 371 yds at 8.1 yds per reception compared to Marshawn's 28 receptions for 179 yds at 6.4 yds per reception.

How's that for quantitative?

LOL. You guys are suckers. See my response to nucci. How many points again do they hand out for yards from scrimmage and yards/carry?....OH....that's right .....NONE!!!!!!!!

TDs score points ..."How's that for quantitative!?!??!!?

More Importantly what missed Marshawn.... Applebees late shift bar staff.

My guess is we won't hear much more form ML except on the field... We have the best thrid string back in the NFL!!

Being the most talented and proven back on the team if you consider him 3rd string, yes that would make him the best 3rd string RB in the league. Tashard Choice would be a close 2nd in the running for best 3rd though. LOL.

Again, to talk up Lynch or Jackson, you don't need to put the other guy down. They are both good rbs and if Lynch's head is on right, they both can be big assets. At the very least, force Lynch to work his tail off through camp. Have him earn a spot. If you have Lynch, Jackson, and Spiller, you may have the best rbs in the entire NFL. If another teams starter at rb goes down in camp (it always happens), Lynch's value goes up. And if Lynch richards around, then have him rot on the bench at a 3rd stringer.

But don't show your hand early. The Bills are in a good place with running backs.

Absolutely 100% correct. A voice of reason who doesn't have his eyes closed when it comes to the RBs performance on field. I LOVE all 3. Haters need to get over it.

Absolutely 100% correct. A voice of reason who doesn't have his eyes closed when it comes to the RBs performance on field. I LOVE all 3. Haters need to get over it.

Yeah, it gets tiresome. I like all 3 guys. Lynch had a down year that was totally his own doing. But he was a beast before that and off to the 2nd best start of any Bills' rb in franchise history (barely trailing T Hen). All this was facing 8 or 9 guys in the box (that's what she said). He's a damn good back. And so is Fred Jackson.

If we can get great value for Lynch, by all means, make the trade. But if Gailey is as creative as most people think, you could do some sick things with our 3 rbs.

Yeah, it gets tiresome. I like all 3 guys. Lynch had a down year that was totally his own doing. But he was a beast before that and off to the 2nd best start of any Bills' rb in franchise history (barely trailing T Hen). All this was facing 8 or 9 guys in the box (that's what she said). He's a damn good back. And so is Fred Jackson.

If we can get great value for Lynch, by all means, make the trade. But if Gailey is as creative as most people think, you could do some sick things with our 3 rbs.

Absolutely Biscuit! We have a stable full or running backs and if we are lucky we will get a lot of mileage out of ALL of them. At some point Jackson or Lynch may end up going if the trade value is there but they are all Bills right now and their individual success contributes to the teams success. It's never a good idea to give away good players for less than they are worth as some people let Lynch's off field mishaps blind them to his on field performance.

I wish them ALL well.

Sooooooo

RUSHING

Marshawn Lynch playing 13 games with 120 carries got 2 rushing TDs

Marshawn as a starter in 2007 & 2008 averaged 7.5 rushing TDs

Fred Jackson playing 16 games with 237 carries(twice as many as Lynch) got ....2 rushing TDs (Same as Lynch)

Fred Jackson in 2007 & 2008 averaged 1.5 rushing TDs

Who is better there?

RECEIVING

Marshawn playing 13 games with 28 rec got 0 receiving TDs

Marshawn as a starter in 2007 & 2008 averaged 1/2 TDs

Fred Jackson as a starter playing 16 games with 46 rec got 2 receiving TDs

Fred Jackson in 2007 & 2008 averaged 0 TDs.

Who is better there? (Freddie gets the nod on receiving TDs and I think he is a better WR in general.)

What have we learned here? As a starter their is no comparison between Lynch and Jackson for rushing TDs. Lynch is the clear winner. As a starter Freddie is slightly the better WR of the two and has the TDs to prove it.

Anyone can have an opinion of who is the better RB and too each his own. Some peoples opinions are backed with statistics and fact other's not quite as much. Personally I tend to focus on how many points a player puts on the board. Lynch is clearly better at putting points on the board.

2007 & 2008 should be thrown out the window as we had a completely different OL. Peters, Dockery, Plug-in, Butler, and Walker is what Lynch was running behind. That's better than the OL we fielded last year IMO and FJ did an excellent job. Jackson was just breaking into the NFL in 2007 and buried behind a 1st Round pick on the depth chart.

2007 & 2008 should be thrown out the window as we had a completely different OL. Peters, Dockery, Plug-in, Butler, and Walker is what Lynch was running behind. Jackson was just breaking into the NFL and buried behind a 1st Round pick on the depth chart. That's better than the OL we fielded last year IMO and FJ did an excellent job.

The lines were different no doubt. Thrown out the window., uh..hell no. Both were not good although we did have a probowler in Peters for 2007 and 2008. I believe Peters WAS that good though many thought he was a waste of money. If you think Peters was lazy and a waste of money then the 2007 & 2008 line was even worse than the 2009 line. If you think, as I do, that Peters was and is a probowler the line was "slightly" better.

Huge difference? No. Any difference imo is offset by the facts below.

In 2009 Jackson had TO and Evans at WR so no more 9 in the box.

Lynch never played behind the starting O-line for week 1 as he was suspended the first 3 games. By the time Lynch got to play it was a bunch of misfits.

To me ....that makes it even and we can focus again on relative performance between Lynch and Jackson. Again, I can say they are both great but I know who I want to have the ball when we need points on the board :rolleyes: