6 down, 3 to go

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:P:P Big time kudo's to the front office!!!

For once the Bills are ahead of the pack in bringing in the draft picks. Now the challenge is to see whether the Bills and CJ can be the first of the first rounders signed starting the avalanche for the other teams. Some team has to be first and why not the Bills?

As for Easely, I am on board with the rest of you who think this kid is something special and not just a one year wonder. Looking at his consistent play at CT does not lead to comparisons with our other "one year wonders." Although I wish his comments in Brown's article would have included that he can't wait to go across the middle because it appears that our new offense will find receivers running many different routes designed to move the ball, score points, and win games rather than carefully protect the team from losing, which was the old philosophy around One Bills Drive.

GO BILLS :rolleyes:

I feel like Easley will be a David Tyree type player for us. Not sure about the whole iconic catch thing but definitely a special teams ace. Tyree was a awesome special teams player for years on the Giants and last year we were pretty bad on Special teams and Easley was the pick to help address that need.

Easley is a project WR with good physical tools but the guy can step up and make an impact on the special teams side of the ball in his rookie year. Easley was dynamite in college as a special teams player till he broke out his senior year (In fact some say he could have gotten drafted in the 7th round for his ST play alone).

You could be right but he was not drafted to play ST.

I think we'll need to be patient with Easley, but he'll be a player. I'd seem him in a 5th WR/ST role in 2010, before pushing for serious playing time in 2011 and starting by 2012.

He's been getting some reps at #2 WR during OTAs, and has looked good. I really doubt he slips all the way to the 5th WR spot.

Don't know why, but I have a strong feeling about this Easley guy. I think we got a steal of a pick there. Time will tell, glad the contract is out of the way.

Don't discount Hardy who hasn't had opportunity due to injury and Jauron veteran love but I hear ya. This is why "I" feel so strongly about Easely:

1) Went to school on an academic scholarship and didn't play football his freshmen year

2) Missed football and walked on the team

3) For first 2 years they were a running team and he learned to block for his RB (HUGE)

4) Final year the team became more of a passing offense but performed at a high level with LOTS of room to improve

5) 6'3"

6) Timed as fast as 4.39

Ya....pretty excited.