6 down, 3 to go

Aaron Wilson of the Carroll County Times in Baltimore is reporting that the Buffalo Bills have signed fourth-round pick wide receiver Marcus Easley to a four-year deal. According to Wilson, the contract includes bonus money of $520,000.

http://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/16263712249

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/6/15/...st-bills-rookie

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know why, but I have a strong feeling about this Easley guy. I think we got a steal of a pick there. Time will tell, glad the contract is out of the way.

Agree. I also think the guy will end up being the steal of the draft. Only time will tell.

Guest dog14787
Don't know why, but I have a strong feeling about this Easley guy. I think we got a steal of a pick there. Time will tell, glad the contract is out of the way.

You and me both :w00t:

Easily Easley could be the equivalent of Andre Reed. Both 4th round picks from 2nd tier football schools. That would be awesome

I agree with the sentiment but are you honestly trying to compare Kutztown to UConn? :w00t:

Was he easily signed?

Easily Easley could be the equivalent of Andre Reed. Both 4th round picks from 2nd tier football schools. That would be awesome

That joke was no longer funny on April 30th! :lol:

Those kinds of jokes are waaaayyyy too easley made. :w00t:

I can't believe how easley I found this article and yet nobody else has posted it.

Easley faring well

By Chris Brown, Lead Journalist

Posted 14 hours ago

Through the first three weeks of spring practices, Easley has received his fair share of snaps during team work on offense. He’s even lined up opposite top receiver Lee Evans at times in practice with the first unit.

“Lee Evans is a guy that has proved himself over the years so I definitely want to take advantage of each rep that I get a chance to get,” Easley told Buffalobills.com.

It seems clear that the offensive staff wants to see just how soon they can get production out of Easley by pitting him against some of the team’s better cornerbacks. Though wide receivers coach Stan Hixon wants his wideouts to learn all the receiver positions in Buffalo’s offense, Easley has worked almost exclusively outside to this point.

“It’s still a work in progress. I’m trying to master one thing at a time,” he said. “Just trying to get to know the offense in and out, but at the same time they’ve got me on the boundary right now so I’m just trying to focus on that until you know that task is complete.”

I think that's smart. He's big and fast and if he can only catch long balls down the sideline this year he'll still be valuable. I do expect though that he'll be doing more than just running outside routes before the end of camp. :w00t:

Not to pun-ish you, but Kutztown is Division 2.

UConn is Division 1 and was a Top 20 team as recently as 2007.

I don't think anyone will assert UConn is a first tier college football program. Kutztown, on the other hand, was a 4th or 5th tier college football program.

I feel like Easley will be a David Tyree type player for us. Not sure about the whole iconic catch thing but definitely a special teams ace. Tyree was a awesome special teams player for years on the Giants and last year we were pretty bad on Special teams and Easley was the pick to help address that need.

Easley is a project WR with good physical tools but the guy can step up and make an impact on the special teams side of the ball in his rookie year. Easley was dynamite in college as a special teams player till he broke out his senior year (In fact some say he could have gotten drafted in the 7th round for his ST play alone).