Why Did We Sign A 33 Year Old Defensive Back

San-O

What did he do, break his back?

He slams into Losman, injuring him, and now has been out eight weeks?

He is getting paid like $3 million this year. We need to lose him I think.

:P

He is getting paid like $3 million this year.  We need to lose him I think.

142000[/snapback]

Actually the word I have heard is that though we have the good news he is practicing thise week he still will not play until the next week against Cleveland. In the end,

Vincent has a real world record of getting INTs at a far greater rate than our CBs in a great but turnover starved defense. He was voted head of the NFLPA because he commands the respect personally of his teammates and NFL athletes.

Further he has a multi-year contract and we cannot manage the cap hit of cutting him. In addition McGee has earned our love as a Bill due to his outstanding ST play, but his CB play is still a total adventure out there as he learns the game. At his worst the best thing you can say about his CB play is that getting eaten alive by Santana Moss did not cost us that game and thank gosh the ref didn't call him for interference last weekend.

Even if McGee learns how to play CB adequately in the last 5 games and the next pre-season, then there still is a need for him as a safety (Baker has been good for two games but it is just two games and now opponents have some tape for finding his weaknesses and we will see how he adjusts to that) and the pass happy NFL will bring us a few 4 wide sets.

Vincent will almost certainly be a Bill next year if he wants to be and this Bills fan and football watcher is quite happy about that.

Look at it this way:

He hasn't been a complete waste...

He is TD's answer at corner.

He was a big name free agent.

He's like having a coach on the field.

He gives veteran leadership in the huddle.

He hasn't been burned for a TD in over 5 weeks.

He replaced whazz his face who bolted to Mini-soda.

Nobody he's covered has made a completion in over 5 weeks.

He kept Losman from being able to play and ruining Bledsoe's perfect season.

He is getting paid like $3 million this year.  We need to lose him I think.

142000[/snapback]

Because he was an upgrade over Antoine, that's why! :ph34r:

Ask the loudest posters in here about their opinions on the matter.

PS, I knew we couldn't afford to keep AW but I wasn't stupid enough to say he would be an upgrade.

Further he has a multi-year contract and we cannot manage the cap hit of cutting him.  In addition McGee has earned our love as a Bill due to his outstanding ST play, but his CB play is still a total adventure out there as he learns the game. At his worst the best thing you can say about his CB play is that getting eaten alive by Santana Moss did not cost us that game and thank gosh the ref didn't call him for interference last weekend.

142016[/snapback]

Only Donahooi would sign a 33 year old speed/skill player to a multi-year deal. :P