U.S. Discovers Stunning Mineral Reserves in Afghanistan

Beerball

Link

The newspaper says Afghanistan's mineral wealth was discovered by a small team of Pentagon officials and American geologists, using charts and data collected by Soviet mining experts during the Soviet Union's occupation of Afghanistan in the 1980s.

Gee, I wonder why the Soviets didn't tell anyone about these? Couldn't be that they wanted to become imperialist pigs themselves, could it? No, I don't believe that.

Can only hope that this could provide an income and badly needed jobs for the people there, esp. as an alternative to growing/producing opium. A close relative who is serving there currently and will likely be promoted to Master Sergeant after this deployment (as high up as you can get as a non-comm) wrote last week, "It's like Vietnam all over again here."

And yet...they'll still hate us.

A good majority will. Yep.

The duality is that they hate us, but ~70 percent of the citizens say that they still need us right now for security. Lots of tension that rides along with that duality, tho.

Literally, 700 years from now, they will still be bemoaning the cats who died in an airstrike that took out the Al Queda #3. These people 'forgive and forget' nothing.

Gee, I wonder why the Soviets didn't tell anyone about these? Couldn't be that they wanted to become imperialist pigs themselves, could it? No, I don't believe that.

Can only hope that this could provide an income and badly needed jobs for the people there, esp. as an alternative to growing/producing opium. A close relative who is serving there currently and will likely be promoted to Master Sergeant after this deployment (as high up as you can get as a non-comm) wrote last week, "It's like Vietnam all over again here."

A good majority will. Yep.

The duality is that they hate us, but ~70 percent of the citizens say that they still need us right now for security. Lots of tension that rides along with that duality, tho.

Literally, 700 years from now, they will still be bemoaning the cats who died in an airstrike that took out the Al Queda #3. These people 'forgive and forget' nothing.

Shame is, they learn nothing.