OT: DVD burning software

TracyLee

Couple more hypothetical situations:

1. Say you want a copy of Tetras for your computer, but nobody is selling it anymore for lack of demand. Say you have a download on the internet and use it. Is that illegal?

2. Say you post an announcement up in your dorm, someone who does not like you takes it down, and rewrites the message to make you look like a fool and puts it back up leaving your name on it...is that not forgery and would be illegal?

What?

Tracy - it's not whether you believe something is illegal or not. This isn't church - your beliefs mean squat.

It IS illegal. Your son owns movies that he didn't pay for.

As much as you don't want to think so, downloading music is EXACTLY the same as going into a music store and taking the CD. IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME. The only difference is its much easier from the computer, and you won't get caught.

Again, you "believing" it isn't illegal doesn't make it that way.

144281[/snapback]

Go back and read Fezmids post that I was responding to. He asked me a hypothetical question of "if I believed it were illegal", and I responded hypothetically, "Even if I believed it were illegal, like Mickey says, its not enforceable" You've turned this into something about 'beliefs', stop it, it's annoying.

1.  Say you want a copy of Tetras for your computer, but nobody is selling it anymore for lack of demand.  Say you have a download on the internet and use it.  Is that illegal?

2.  Say you post an announcement up in your dorm, someone who does not like you takes it down, and rewrites the message to make you look like a fool and puts it back up leaving your name on it...is that not forgery and would be illegal?

144339[/snapback]

Say your head is as big as your car. Would it still fit so easily up your ass?

Go back and read Fezmids post that I was responding to.  He asked me a hypothetical question of "if I believed it were illegal", and I responded hypothetically, "Even if I believed it were illegal, like Mickey says, its not enforceable" You've turned this into something about 'beliefs', stop it, it's annoying.

144347[/snapback]

No, i turned it into "I can't f-cking believe you don't think your son is breaking the law".

2.  Say you post an announcement up in your dorm, someone who does not like you takes it down, and rewrites the message to make you look like a fool and puts it back up leaving your name on it...is that not forgery and would be illegal?

144339[/snapback]

You're kidding, right? :w00t:

Have you been sampling the products today at work? :w00t:

1.  Say you want a copy of Tetras for your computer, but nobody is selling it anymore for lack of demand.  Say you have a download on the internet and use it.  Is that illegal?

1) you spelled it wrong

2) they still sell it.

3) yes it's illegal, because someone has the rights to it.

1) you spelled it wrong

2) they still sell it.

3) yes it's illegal, because someone has the rights to it.

144367[/snapback]

I cannot spell it wrong, it is a hypothetical situation so I am refering to a fictious game given my parameters.