OT: DVD burning software

TracyLee

Thanks!  Yup I'm a loser....I did actually watch RRR last night so I thought I'd put up a nice CHRISTMASTIME avatar.  I hope you didn't let the girls miss it!!

:doh:

143456[/snapback]

Bah Humbug. I hate Christmas. Christmas sucks.

BF has said on several occasions that he is good at Texas Hold Em, and that he wins 60% of the time he plays a tournament. He actaully blogged (yes, I read it - let's discuss that fact later) that he won a 60 person tournament.

Texas Hold Em is a game I play religiously. I play with friends, I play with a group at a local pub, and I play once every two weeks at a horse track down here (100 person tournament).

I would say in the games where I play with 5-8 people, I will win 25% of the time if I am doing good. The 100 person tourney? I've made the final table ONCE.

Anyway, Texas Hold Em requires logic skills, being able to read people, and some rather complex odds reading ability.

That's all I'm gonna say.

142800[/snapback]

Steve any time you would like to play me for cash I would be MORE than happy to play you. I'd even give you 5 to 1 I leave with your money.

If you would like to see my won/loss records I would be willing to show them to you with witness verafication for a lot of them.

Every good poker player keeps them.

Thanks!  Yup I'm a loser....I did actually watch RRR last night so I thought I'd put up a nice CHRISTMASTIME avatar.  I hope you didn't let the girls miss it!!

:D

143456[/snapback]

Can I steal RRR from the internet and not pay for it? It would be ok, wouldnt it? Nobody would know. And I could tell my girls its ok as long as we have nice long talks? :doh:

Can I steal RRR  from the internet and not pay for it? 

143491[/snapback]

No, just rent it from Blockbuster, rip it, & burn it.

Should be easy to find,

just look for the big Christmas display in the front of the store. :doh:

Can I steal RRR  from the internet and not pay for it? It would be ok, wouldnt it? Nobody would know. And I could tell my girls its ok as long as we have nice long talks? :doh:

143491[/snapback]

Go for it. Burl Ives must be dead by now anyway, he doesn't need the royalties. :D

Can I steal RRR  from the internet and not pay for it? It would be ok, wouldnt it? Nobody would know. And I could tell my girls its ok as long as we have nice long talks? :doh:

143491[/snapback]

Why didn't you just tape it last night for your own personal us. That would have been legal. Wait no, illegal. Wait.....crap this is to damn confusing. :D

I'll go ask a third grader to clarify that law.

I hope you plan to teaching him/her that it's stealing even if you download ONE song that someone else wrote and you didn't pay for.    :doh:

143427[/snapback]

My wife and I haven't talked about it but I do think when she's old enough we will try and steer her away from committing crimes but who knows...We may try and be the crazy type of parents that sets limits. :D

This is all very interesting...now if I buy a book or a magazine and read it, then share it with a friend, then they share it with a friend and so on is that illegal?

142524[/snapback]

Oddly enough, the answer is probably yes. But nobody would ever prosecute - it's simply not worth it.

However, if you bought some magazines and started renting them out, you'ld hear from their lawyer.

(Actually, if I'm not mistaken the Church of Scientology successfully sued to keep people from showing their literature to the media.)

No.  Just as it's not illegal to give them your DVD to take home and watch.  That falls under Fair Use.

142532[/snapback]

Actually Fair Use is a term that appears in the regulations but is never defined. We know what it means traditionally, but thats not quite a guarantee. Lack of legal clarification of 'Fair Use' is why businesses such as copiers won't copy books and articles for you but rather make you do it yourself - they don't want to expose themselves legally.

Oddly enough, the answer is probably yes. But nobody would ever prosecute - it's simply not worth it.

However, if you bought some magazines and started renting them out, you'ld hear from their lawyer.

(Actually, if I'm not mistaken the Church of Scientology successfully sued to keep people from showing their literature to the media.)

143509[/snapback]

Probably why the mods and admin want link to stories, instead of cutting and pasting the whole thing here.

Anyone remember Thirdborn? He's kind of a friend of mine. Sometimes we link up and say "when is it our turn".

He could teach a lot of people here about character, but sadly, those that should listen won't.

143513[/snapback]

Another good person who never comes here anymore. Replaced by the likes of BF. How are things going for his family?