OT: DVD burning software

TracyLee

You see this is what I am talking about.  You are saying if I committ a petty crime against you you would put me in the hospital.  Ron Artest did the EXACT same thing you are saying you would do to me when a petty crime was committed against him and you think Ron Artest should be in jail.

Ron Artest probably will go to jail and probably deserves it, but you saying you would do the same just shows you are no different than him.

142702[/snapback]

BF, I very seriously doubt, that you would have to worry about DC Tom putting you in the hospital.......

After going through this whole thread, I cannot believe that someone wants this to be a Bills only board.

Here is a "hypothetical" situation:

Say somebody asks you to buy them tickets to a Bills game and will pay you at the game. Then that person never shows up sticking with you for the price of the tickets...is that illegal?

Give me a !@#$ing break.  So what happens if you read something "useful" in the library?  Do you send the author a check?

143089[/snapback]

Nope. Library already bought the book for me. But here's the real key: a bookstore is NOT a library.

And if you think I'm nuts for it...I don't care. I live my life by my own morals, not yours.

Say somebody asks you to buy them tickets to a Bills game and will pay you at the game.  Then that person never shows up sticking with you for the price of the tickets...is that illegal?

143122[/snapback]

If there was a signed contract, yes. If it was just verbal agreement, then it was wrong, but not illegal.

After going through this whole thread, I cannot believe that someone wants this to be a Bills only board.

Here is a "hypothetical" situation:

Say somebody asks you to buy them tickets to a Bills game and will pay you at the game.  Then that person never shows up sticking with you for the price of the tickets...is that illegal?

143122[/snapback]

Should what be illegal? Being dumb enough to buy a ticket for someone without having the cash in hand? :lol:

143122[/snapback]

For those who don't know, T-Bone is "defending" a long-time poster here from the "theft" by another long-time poster here, when both the posters in question resolved the situation four years ago and have specifically told him to drop the subject and stay out of it.

In other words...this is T-Bone just being a fatass loser begging for attention. Again. Still. Vic, get a !@#$ing life already. Get out of the house, make a friend, maybe talk to a girl for once...

Nope.  Library already bought the book for me.  But here's the real key: a bookstore is NOT a library. 

And if you think I'm nuts for it...I don't care.  I live my life by my own morals, not yours.

143132[/snapback]

I'll call you Father Teresa from now on....I'll notify The Congregation for the Causes of Saints immediately.

I once had a free sample at Wegmans and did not buy it...should I be waiting for the cops to come....

143151[/snapback]

So as long as you put...ummm...what's left of it when you're done with it back on the tray when you're done, you're fine. :lol:

If there was a signed contract, yes. If it was just verbal agreement, then it was wrong, but not illegal.

143134[/snapback]

Depending on what state you are in, verbal or oral contracts can be legally binding. Both parties have to consent. There has to be an offer and acceptance. Finally, the action of the contract or agreement must be completed. The problem you'll come across will be that they are hard to proof in court. Some states have Statute of Frauds laws which require you to have specific things in writing. (ex land, car)

I once had a free sample at Wegmans and did not buy it...should I be waiting for the cops to come....

143151[/snapback]

But if it was suppose to be my free sample, does that mean you broke the law by stealing my supposed free sample, and then hit me with a plastic cup filled with licenced beer?

I'll call you Father Teresa from now on....I'll notify The Congregation for the Causes of Saints immediately.

143150[/snapback]

Let me make this excruciatingly clear to you: I do what I do only so that I like and can live with the person staring back at me from the mirror. I don't have to live with your opinion of me, only mine, so I really don't care how much of a supercilious prick you are about how I live my life. Now piss off.

Let me make this excruciatingly clear to you: I do what I do only so that I like and can live with the person staring back at me from the mirror.  I don't have to live with your opinion of me, only mine, so I really don't care how much of a supercilious prick you are about how I live my life.  Now piss off.

143187[/snapback]

ouch...that's kinda hostile...certainly not saintly. :lol:

Actually...nice post.  I don't agree with it (I see a HUGE difference between underage drinking and copyright violation, in particular).  And I think there's a key difference in that your parents didn't enable you (it's not like they put the alcohol in your hands).  And they DID make sure you were informed of the risks.

Contrast that to what Tracy posted...

142252[/snapback]

Excellent Response DC Tom -- that was my thought exactly. Big difference between picking battles and helping the opposition (not that her son is the opposition, the opposition is the illegal behavior).