OT: DVD burning software

TracyLee

Singles started dropping significantly in '98, before filesharing.  People realized that $10 for 2 songs was a ripoff.

Looking at their overall size, 2002 was larger than 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, and 1997.  2002 is before the lawsuits and was a time when filesharing was widespread.  Yet they still made more money than '93-'97, when there was no filesharing.

I agree that the drop in the 14-19 age range sales is partially due to filesharing.  But the industry as a whole seems to be doing just fine based on those numbers.

CW

144661[/snapback]

Again look at the data. CD singles dropped significantly in 2000. If you really want to talk units, use the Unit sales figures. The other charts show demo break-downs better, but this chart shows the actual units shipped. The ten year data show that units shipped in 2002 were ~23% less than 1994, and while $ revenue figures are above 1994, the sales of CD's relative to cassettes should show a much higher figure (look at the climb in revenue from 1998-2000, even as overall sales were stalling).

Ok, Now i KNOW this has to be BF...

ok, Tracy, let me get this straight:

You said there's nothing illegal about downloading shared files

BUT

you never said it was legal?

Is this what you are saying?

Again, you said "There's nothing illegal", yet you never said "it was legal"

My brain just jumped out of my head and bit me in the face - that's how cunfusing what you just said was.

144644[/snapback]

A simultaneously legal and illegal action. How very Zen... :devil::D

okay...you MUST be a Bill Clinton protégé....sorry I can't defend your cause anymore.

144665[/snapback]

Awww shucks NG, it's just a play on words!

In a nutshell, it is generally illegal, but it is not generally enforceable. I'm not concerned with this particular infringement anymore than I am about ripping the "Do Not Remove Under Penalty of Law" tags off of my mattress. Or about jaywalking, it is illegal you know, just generally not enforceable. And I'll bet none of the high and mighty have ever jaywalked!

Maybe Steve'll be happy now!

In a nutshell, it is generally illegal, but it is not generally enforceable.  I'm not concerned with this particular infringement anymore than I am about ripping the "Do Not Remove Under Penalty of Law" tags off of my mattress.  Or about jaywalking, it is illegal you know, just generally not enforceable. And I'll bet none of the high and mighty have ever jaywalked!

144704[/snapback]

kinda like the marijuana laws....

In a nutshell, it is generally illegal, but it is not generally enforceable.  I'm not concerned with this particular infringement anymore than I am about ripping the "Do Not Remove Under Penalty of Law" tags off of my mattress.  Or about jaywalking, it is illegal you know, just generally not enforceable. And I'll bet none of the high and mighty have ever jaywalked!

144704[/snapback]

I think you may just be using the wrong word...and I'm an expert in using the wrong words :devil: ...The acts(except the tags thing) you mention are enforceable they just aren't enforced, big difference.

144704[/snapback]

I feel defeated...

Tracy, you win... you're upside down, backwards and inside-out logic has literally defeated me. I am beat down. Exhausted.

Tracy, first a small point. You are allowed to take the tag off of your pillow AFTER you buy it. The tag is their so stores won't remove it, and thus the consumer can tell what the fill is composed of.

Second, jaywalking is illegal. But again, it is only a ticketable offense. DLing music CAN get you arrested, like it or not. Also, if someone came to the board and asked how they could help their son J-walk and not get caught, Im pretty sure some people would give you some heat.

Sure. I said "there's nothing illegal about downloading shared files", and generally, there isn't. But, where did I say it was legal? Where did I use the term legal? I said it was unenforceable which would lead one to believe that I believed it was illegal.

are you sure you aren't married to BF, because the two of you would make a great couple.

What?  Then their children might think it's okay to commit felonies, just so long as they don't get caught.  :devil:

144732[/snapback]

Bunch of little monkey children running around stealing movies and beating up people who throw beer at Ron Artest... :D