SEC fans

Ramius

Any legit reason why you guys don't want FSU, Miami, Clemson, and GT to make it a super-conference? (assuming that Texas and their homies go to the Pac-10) Or, since the SEC said they aren't considering adding those 4 teams, should i expect all 4 to be invited on Monday?

Any legit reason why you guys don't want FSU, Miami, Clemson, and GT to make it a super-conference? (assuming that Texas and their homies go to the Pac-10) Or, since the SEC said they aren't considering adding those 4 teams, should i expect all 4 to be invited on Monday?

Right now, the only 2 teams that I know of that have been contacted by the SEC are Oklahoma and Texas A&M.

OU flipped flopped for a little while, but now it seems it has firmly attached it's little Sooner wagon to Texas.

TAM appears to be split on all levels and in different directions. Some want to follow Texas if they leave, while others have had enough of being Texas little brother.

There are Aggie fans crawling the Bama boards saying if Texas leaves, they would prefer staying in the Big-12(?), picking up the pieces, invite some new teams, and move forward (if possible). If not, they are all in favor of joining the SEC.

As for your suggestion, I doubt GT would ever return to the SEC (Georgia Tech was one of the original schools that founded the SEC). Word is, both UGA and Auburn have no desire in seeing GT return to the SEC.

FSU and Clemson generally do get some love from Bama fans in regards to joining.

IIRC, the last time the SEC expanded, Florida pushed the SEC to invite FSU.

As for Miami, I see very little advocating for them.

Personally, I tend to favor FSU and/or VaTech.

Quite frankly, I can handle an expansion to 14 teams, but I am no fan of a 16 team conference.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.