Icing - a new drinking "game"

Just Jack

BTW, the rusty rudder, a bar on the water @ lake Norman outside charlotte, NC has a beerpong table that was always in high demand, I was there for 2 wks opening a store a few yrs ago, and most nights there was a line for the table, it was a big hit.

competitive stuff and booze just seem to go together for many folks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 41 and played beer pong last week at a party. Good times. Not quite as fun as beer die though IMO

We used to play a game we invented called "The Billy Boy Game". It was named after a guy named Bill, obviously.

I know it involved a Frisbee, dice, booze and bongs. I really don't remember much of the game, but I do know one outcome was doing a "Bella hit" out of the bong. Bella was the girlfriend of one of the guys and she could only do small bong hits (Bella hits). I recall it was a relatively convoluted game that constantly evolved (or devolved), but I remember little else about it.

I also have some vague memories of a short-lived period where we played a variation of Yahtzee that involved cocaine. But that's a story for another time. :flirt:

As has been stated here... beer pong and other such drinking games are one thing. They can be fun, competitive, all sorts of things. You opt in to play them; that's the key. But this icing thing is completely gay. It's not a game in any way. If you don't have the balls to say screw off, why not just walk around with one of those crappy drinks in your back pocket? Then you never have to drink. I don't know the whole premise seems stupid.

As far as what you do at parties... what ever happened to trying to get laid at a party? If I'm a young single guy... no way I'm walking around trying to get other guys drunk. Just typing that, I sound gay. So, for the single guys here... what are you going to parties for, if it's' not to meet hot chicks? And do you really think you're impressing the ladies by icing some guy? (Again, that just sounds...)

There may be a misunderstanding here;

First, I've played beer pong maybe 10 times my whole life. When we play, it isn't to assist us in drinking, that's just not necessary. It's a game to us. We also play cards, horseshoes, H.O.R.S.E. pool-side, etc.

I get the notion that beer-pong being a must at a party to ensure fun is ridiculous, but some of us play to just play. My friends (which are mostly my 3 brothers and 2 cousins) are extremely competitive and we have the most fun when competing against each other, no matter what it is.

Oh, we also occasionally speak to each other as well, so conversation is present.

Just thought I'd clear that up. Carry on! :flirt:

again, not a partaker in "icing" but it seems like if you are a group of guys the willingly get into this (hell you could do it with some brand of beer) it could get pretty ridiculous, competitive, and probably in its own way skillful. If the goal is to get your "brah" to just drink 14 ices in front of the bar, yes, beyond stupid and sounds like itd get old fast. if you try to one up each other in how they come across it, potentially funny -- hence some of the pictures being funny.

i think the humor comes more from the elaborate schemes to accomplish such an asanine task, not the humiliation of your brah having to drink an ice. the fact that ice is so absurd as a drink to begin with is just an element of it, not the "shame" of drinking one. its not like anyone sits there thinking "oh man now everyone will think he loves girly drinks, how embarrassing."

in the end ill stick to beer pong, quarters, and other classics but i dont feel like i have a moral high ground haha

As has been stated here... beer pong and other such drinking games are one thing. They can be fun, competitive, all sorts of things. You opt in to play them; that's the key. But this icing thing is completely gay. It's not a game in any way. If you don't have the balls to say screw off, why not just walk around with one of those crappy drinks in your back pocket? Then you never have to drink. I don't know the whole premise seems stupid.

As far as what you do at parties... what ever happened to trying to get laid at a party? If I'm a young single guy... no way I'm walking around trying to get other guys drunk. Just typing that, I sound gay. So, for the single guys here... what are you going to parties for, if it's' not to meet hot chicks? And do you really think you're impressing the ladies by icing some guy? (Again, that just sounds...)

well...i think you kind of opt in or out when you either drink it or not..... and you very well could carry one all the time.... or just not drink and be out of the game

as for the party thing - having been in a fraternity im guessing that this is much more of a tuesday afternoon joke then a saturday night at the club. you get 30 guys living in close quarters with a lot of free time, and like i was saying in the other post, very elaborate schemes to do pointless things tend to develop. if that means cutting out a hole from a watermelon, and inserting the bottle just for the sake to see the surprised look on your friends face when he realizes the length youve gone, just to make him drink a 24 oz pineapple ice, things like that happen. now hes going to want to catch you even more off guard with an even ridiculous drink. ive seen some pretty retarded things develop out of 19 year old guys with free time.

Whatever happened to the good, old fashioned, "sniff this line of oxycontin and coke, take a bong hit, and make yourself a cocktail or else youre just effing lame" type of peer pressure?

Hoes icing Hoes is next. Just like before the rap group N.W.A. there was H.W.A, Hoes Wit Attitude