How much mop up time will J.P. get Sunday?

Is he going to be second string yet?  I dont understand for the life of me why we dont make him 2nd string...we bring him in and not matthews.  he is the 2nd string guy regardless of where he is on the depth chart.  JUST PUT HIM THERE

141893[/snapback]

I think if Bledsoe got hurt, you would see Mathews. Losman is for sure win situations, bringing him along slowly. Would be nice to see him play a full quater.

Is he going to be second string yet?  I dont understand for the life of me why we dont make him 2nd string...we bring him in and not matthews.  he is the 2nd string guy regardless of where he is on the depth chart.  JUST PUT HIM THERE

141893[/snapback]

The braintrust obviously has more trust in Matthews not making mistakes that cost the D and the ST the game than they have in a rookie not making mistakes. Given that the JP learning curve has seen him fail to tuck the ball away properly and fumble and throw an INT when he was thrown to the wolves in NE, and seen him have no control and command of the game and get a delay of game right away in Seattle, I can't blame them for making this assessment as not-ready-for-primetime as I think Matthews to be.

The Bills have made JP the #3 on the roster specifically because they know he needs to play to develop, but he has not yet mastered the parts of the game which make a rookie a vet so that they trust him to play except when the game is out of hand for or agin us.

Unless JP does something in practice that builds the confidence of the braintrust, I expect he will be #3 again and him playing will have to wait until the 4th quarter and once he plays neither of the two QBs listed above him can then play.

The how much time question really depends upon it being a blow-out. Given that over-confidence is probably our biggest enemy right now I would not predict for Losman more than a couple of series and probably one of thise will consist of him kneeling down.

Last week was a great bonus for him because he showed with the delay of game his work needs are pretty basic. In addition I disagree with ICE on the laughable notion that any of us couch potatoes could have done JPs work last week and also I think it was quote useful in eradicating the stink of the NE game for him to QB the Bills to a score even if it involved variations of 3 plays (hand off to WM to the right, hand off to WM going left, and hand-off to WM going up the middle.

A key thing he needs right now and the team needs in him is confidence. Handing off to WM for a TD provides a good start in building that. Nothing suceeds like sucess!