***OFFICIAL WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD***

ajzepp

and the guy who got the red card for the handball is suddenly the hero of the country - incredible.

It was a smart foul. He took a chance and it paid off. WTF kind of penalty kick was that???

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's games were amazing!

I love this ****

:):unsure:

Go you Dutch bastards!

You know I really hate Brazil because of the rivalry but Juan is AS Roma's best defender and was instrumental in the scudetto run this year. I feel sorry for him as he played lights out. The biggest problem in Brazil was Juventus defender Felipe Melo who scored in his own net (though it was a Julio Cesar blunder) and that terrible straight red.

To me Dunga is a class act and it's sad that he'll be forced to quit.

Maybe Maradona could coke up his players at halftime to get them to wake up.

Maybe....

...or maybe AIR KLOSE WILL ADD TO HIS ALREADY AMAZING WORLD CUP GOAL TOTAL WITH A HUGE SECOND HALF GOAL!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!! :devil:

Is it just me or is team Argentina the biggest bunch of B word's in the tournament? They B word, moan, and whine every time there is the slightest contact

Yep, I think that's why the Germans were raggin on them before the match. The Argentines aren't very sportsmanlike when they lose.

Another 25 min and the're gonna get shut OUT. :devil:

Outside of maybe Donovan or Howard (as a backup), is there any US player that would crack the German starting lineup, or even make their squad?

It's like watching a different sport with these guys. I can't believe no one was talking about them as a tournament favorite. A combined score of 8-1 against England/Argentina is pretty impressive.

p.s. F*** Maradona. I love that he's being humiliated.

Outside of maybe Donovan or Howard (as a backup), is there any US player that would crack the German starting lineup, or even make their squad?

It's like watching a different sport with these guys. I can't believe no one was talking about them as a tournament favorite. A combined score of 8-1 against England/Argentina is pretty impressive.

4-GET ABOUT IT!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

AIR KLOSE WITH ANOTHER!

And I totally agree, KD...the reason I didn't pick them is because I wasn't that familiar with their younger guns, I wasn't sure if Klose woudl play, and I knew Ballack wouldnt' be there. I never would have expected them to be this prolific in the tourney....quite a show!

Messi and Teves totally shut down...unreal

Bradley is the !@#$ing man!

You know there's something to be said about history. Look up the WC history on Wiki and you'll clearly see that there is a few countries that are always contenders.

Germany has always been there and you could never count them out. Of course they never beat Italy in a WC game :devil: so that's something to be said as well.

Now where's Hardy Pyle? Surely he must have a reasoning why Argentina showed up so flat today?

And regarding team USA, their defense doomed them to fail. The attack was there though but you need a defense to win these knockout games.

You know there's something to be said about history. Look up the WC history on Wiki and you'll clearly see that there is a few countries that are always contenders.

Germany has always been there and you could never count them out. Of course they never beat Italy in a WC game :flirt: so that's something to be said as well.

Now where's Hardy Pyle? Surely he must have a reasoning why Argentina showed up so flat today?

And regarding team USA, their defense doomed them to fail. The attack was there though but you need a defense to win these knockout games.

Yep, they said on the radio today that the Germans are the only team to make it to at least the quarters for the past 15 WCs. :devil:

Looks like there's a pretty good chance this will be the first WC where a Euro team wins it all at a non-European site, eh Meazza? Or did I not read correctly what you said before about that? I don't feel lke going back through pages to find it.

It was a smart foul. He took a chance and it paid off. WTF kind of penalty kick was that???

Thank you.

I can't believe I'm seeing articles about how he 'cheated' and how he now deserves more punishment than the red card and the PK. Boo-hoo FIFA....your pet African team didn't make the semis. Too bad.

Wow, what a crap match between Spain and Paraguay....I'm not worried about either one of these teams next week. Germany will obliterate whoever lines up across from them :devil:

EDIT: I've never seen a match where it's still 0-0 after back to back PKs :flirt:

Wow, what a crap match between Spain and Paraguay....I'm not worried about either one of these teams next week. Germany will obliterate whoever lines up across from them :devil:

EDIT: I've never seen a match where it's still 0-0 after back to back PKs :flirt:

You must have missed that Mexico game in 1930!

You must have missed that Mexico game in 1930!

lol, is that when it happened the last time? I'm actually surprised it's EVER happened lol

germany is the team to beat. or what.........

Damn right. It should be Germany v. Netherlands in the final...that would be amazing!