***OFFICIAL WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD***

ajzepp

If Robben goes down, the ref probably blows the whistle.

Probably, which makes it even worse. There was another non-foul in the 2nd half where the ref called it way after the play only because the guy continued to lay on the ground.

But yes, Spain was by far the better team and deserved to win.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably, which makes it even worse. There was another non-foul in the 2nd half where the ref called it way after the play only because the guy continued to lay on the ground.

This...

It bothered me how the Spaniards were bent on diving right from the opening whistle. I would have carded one of them early on just to keep some fairness to the game. There were at least two cards given directly from blatant dives on the Dutch, and another one or two cards for arguing because the official !@#$ed up the call on the field.

It is sad when the officiating in this tournament is worse than the officiating for a pee-wee game. FIFA needs to implement replay for all goals and card infractions in my opinion where the 4th official has more responsibilty or even adding a 5th official strictly for replay review.

This would be a moot point if Robben would learn how to shoot with his right foot. I swear how can someone be so great on one side and so amateur on the other?

It's best not to think about it.

lol...probably true. We've just come SO CLOSE the last three cups....2nd in 2002, 3rd in 2006, 3rd this time. Who knows, if these young guns really thrive over the next four years, maybe we can take it a step further in Brazil in 2014....I would really like to see another Italy/Germany match in the 2012 Euro finals though :thumbsup:

I received the following email:

I Vincent Enyeama, the Nigerian Worldcup goalkeeper personally offer to refund all the expenses of fans that travelled to South Africa . Please send me your bank details and pin numbers to complete the transaction.

Vincent Enyeama

I didn't go, but I'm thinking of seeing if I can get a few thousand out of this guy. What do you think?

I Vincent Enyeama, the Nigerian Worldcup goalkeeper personally offer to refund all the expenses of fans that travelled to South Africa . Please send me your bank details and pin numbers to complete the transaction.

Vincent Enyeama

I didn't go, but I'm thinking of seeing if I can get a few thousand out of this guy. What do you think?

Whats the worst that could happen?

Dammit Beerball! You're always one step ahead of me...I was hoping nobody else saw this cause I want to be one of the first to get refunded. I'm gonna send him my social just to see if I can speed this up....don't you DARE copy me!

Dammit Beerball! You're always one step ahead of me...I was hoping nobody else saw this cause I want to be one of the first to get refunded. I'm gonna send him my social just to see if I can speed this up....don't you DARE copy me!

This all looks totally above board. One thing: this guy is doing a tremendous service for you. I think you should probably insist that he keep a little something for himself as a token of your appreciation and this should be in cash. What do you tip a Nigerian Goalkeeper?

I was rooting for the Dutch, but I admit Spain deserved to win today and I'm happy to see a new champion.

I'm sad to see it end. I don't want to have to wait 4 more years to see another WC.

Meh, there's plenty of other championships that are interesting as well starting from Serie A, EPL and SPL.

Euro is in 2 years. Should be nice in Portugal. Can give the hosts the opportunity to choke in front of their home fans :thumbsup:

Congrats to Spain...

A team the USA beat last year in the Confederations Cup.

We can play with the best...

2014...USA !!!

Meh - the Confed Cup is like the third place game on Sat. Or a friendly. You like to win but you don't want to get anyone hurt. You rarely see hard fouls. Nor too physical play on defense. It's a very different game than the brutal hard fought game you saw yesterday.