***OFFICIAL WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD***

ajzepp

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uruguay = Flop! Flop!

I am so !@#$ing sick of watching South American teams acting like they got shot at the slightest contact. How can anyone possibly root for a team that dives like Argentina or Uruguay? And I love to play pai gow poker. Flop! Flop!

That goal was sick!

Why??? It's ultra-lame...

It doesn't bother me unless it's flagrant.

Everyone embellishes. If not, they wont' get the call. Keep in mind that they don't get to go to the bench so it's one of the reasons they do that.

I think it's ridiculous that the announcers pronounce the game over when it went to 3-1 with 18 minutes plus injury time........I also find it crazy that they don't stop the clock when the scoring team celebrates for a few minutes.

I think it's ridiculous that the announcers pronounce the game over when it went to 3-1 with 18 minutes plus injury time........I also find it crazy that they don't stop the clock when the scoring team celebrates for a few minutes.

It's added in injury time ...

Ah enough bitching about the divers.

What a goal by Van Brock horst.

What a goal by Forlan!!!

How long before Diego Forlan gets signed by Madrid?

Forlan has become one of my fvorite players during this tourney. This guy can do everything, and his long distance shots are DEADLY! He's amazing on set pieces, and his passing is amazingly accurate. I hope he leaves whatever league he's playing in in South America and heads to Europe...I'd love to see more of this guy on a top notch club. There aren't many players who have had a better cup than this dude. :thumbsup:

Finally, I wasn't expecting much from Germany after the loss of Ballack and the lackluster club seasons of Schweinstieger, Podolski and Klose. So I am definitely surprised (and obviously pleased).

Forca Germania!

:thumbsup:

Forlan has become one of my fvorite players during this tourney. This guy can do everything, and his long distance shots are DEADLY! He's amazing on set pieces, and his passing is amazingly accurate. I hope he leaves whatever league he's playing in in South America and heads to Europe...I'd love to see more of this guy on a top notch club. There aren't many players who have had a better cup than this dude. :thumbsup:

He plays for Villareal in Spain. A good team but not as much cash as Madrid or Barcelona.

He plays for Villareal in Spain. A good team but not as much cash as Madrid or Barcelona.

Oh, really? I thought I heard the announcers say he played for a club in Uruguay. I guess I'll have to watch La Liga a little more often!

Oh, really? I thought I heard the announcers say he played for a club in Uruguay. I guess I'll have to watch La Liga a little more often!

La Liga sucks. I'd rather watch EPL to see the crappy overrated english clubs :thumbsup:

[/italian bias]

Several years ago I was working with a programmer from the Netherlands.

1998 during the World Cup to be exact.

I asked him. "As a fan of Dutch football, what would you

rather see...The Dutch winning the World Cup OR

beating Germany in any type of match? "

Without ANY hesitation, he would have rather see

a win by the Dutch over Germany...The WC trophy

was secondary. I was amused by the lack of

hesitation in his response.

And now, they may have a chance to get two birds with one stone.... (knock on wood).