***OFFICIAL WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD***

ajzepp

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

!@#$ ghana.

So if you get a yellow and play the next game clean, your yellow essentially gets wiped out?

No. Yellows stay throughout the tournament. Once you get a second you miss the next game. If your team is still in the tournament then you get the opportunity to play after the suspension is served.

What a shocker, a Ghana player needs his tampon changed.

Overall it seems this game they go down only when hurt. I've seen three writhings so far, in the 50 or so minutes I have watched, one for a recklass tackle, deservedly USA player got booked.

The second was a nasty and cynicle raking of a players leg by a US player who was deservedly booked.

The third was an accidental kick to the chest, which Tim Howard saw and got the ball kicked out.

Ghana are not really a team which goes in for theatrics, and the quality of the game as a viewer is much approved. (It is, BTW, one of the reasons I respect the US team. Pansies need not apply).

Well, I figured it was only a matter of time before Bonehead Bocangegra FUGGED us in the arse. What a dumbass.

Well, I figured it was only a matter of time before Bonehead Bocangegra FUGGED us in the arse. What a dumbass.

These are difficult matches. You need a solid defense. Still 20 minutes to go

These are difficult matches. You need a solid defense. Still 20 minutes to go

Yeah, you're right on about the defense. I think this may be the end of the road....Ghana looks much more prepared and determined today.

Well, that looked much more like the '06 team than it did the team we've seen play this time around. Very poor ball control, constantly dispossessed, no proper set-ups, etc.

I think I'm going to officially coin the presence of "The Curse of Freddy Adu". I think the way we treated that kid in '06 was just not right, and we're paying for it against this damn Ghana team now. I'm sorry, but we should be able to beat them WITH Essien....just not the way I wanted them to go out.

Oh well...

Well, that looked much more like the '06 team than it did the team we've seen play this time around. Very poor ball control, constantly dispossessed, no proper set-ups, etc.

I think I'm going to officially coin the presence of "The Curse of Freddy Adu". I think the way we treated that kid in '06 was just not right, and we're paying for it against this damn Ghana team now. I'm sorry, but we should be able to beat them WITH Essien....just not the way I wanted them to go out.

Oh well...

I think you underestimate Ghana...

There's a reason a lot of their players play in top European clubs.

I think you underestimate Ghana...

There's a reason a lot of their players play in top European clubs.

Perhaps, but we still should have played much better than we did. If we played well and just got beat by a better team (which was going to happen sooner or later anyway), I can live with that. But the team just looked uninspired and sloppy today.

What a disappointing ending. It was looking good in the 2d half after they got to 1-1, but they were simply outplayed for most of the game.

They were a fun team to watch, but just had too few good defenders and too few guys who can finish.

What a disappointing ending. It was looking good in the 2d half after they got to 1-1, but they were simply outplayed for most of the game.

They were a fun team to watch, but just had too few good defenders and too few guys who can finish.

Altidore just wasn't quite himself...he's usually a solid finisher from what I've seen, but he couldn't even make proper contact with the ball half the time. We've definitely made a lot of progress in terms of creating opportunities, but as Meazza pointed out, the defense just isn't ready for prime time.

Perhaps, but we still should have played much better than we did. If we played well and just got beat by a better team (which was going to happen sooner or later anyway), I can live with that. But the team just looked uninspired and sloppy today.

Well at least you didn't get knocked out by Slovakia.

Your WC might not get any better. Germany will lose tomorrow. Capello will have his team ready.