***OFFICIAL WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD***

ajzepp

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's ignoring the fact that there this increased interest in THIS World Cup versus others.

Damn right....it's an avg of 2.6 this year up from 1.8 four years ago? That's absolutely HUGE, and it definitely supports the point that the soccer audience is growing steadily in this country. That's almost a 50% rate of growth in only four years!

The ESPN/ABC contract is huge....HUGE, I TELL YA!

Well we'd lose the marvelous Ricardo Clark if we were to play a competent midfielder. Why that garbage keeps appearing in the lineup when there are so many better options I'll never understand. The England goal was directly attributable to him too. Torres is the guy that should have been there all tournament.

One more WC question, regarding the yellow cards. Is it 2 yellows in consecutive games gets you the boot for the next one, or is it 2 yellows in the entire tournament gets you the boot?

I was wondering that same thing. Anyone?

Also, why don't they substitute more? Maybe I'm just thinking hockey. But, it seems alot of fresh legs would really help. Is there a limit on the number of substitutions?

Also, why don't they substitute more? Maybe I'm just thinking hockey. But, it seems alot of fresh legs would really help. Is there a limit on the number of substitutions?

I believe you are limited to 3 subs for the game.

Yellow cards ....consecutive matches...

Subs. 3 per match in FIFA international matches.

Way back 'when', there were no subs...

New name for the US National team.

Team Shovel....since they continually dig themselves a

deep hole in their matches.

It is 2 yellow cards at all and you are suspended for the next game. I may be wrong here, but I thought they reset after the group stage.

And yes, only 3 subs per team per game.