The future of self serve soda vending

Just Jack

That is f****** awesome. I saw Coca-Cola Orange as an option, which is completely new and makes me want to find one of those somewhere.

If you go to Walt Disney World in Orlando (which is where I am right now), there's a place in EPCOT called "Club Cool" that serves (hold onto your hats) free soft drinks from around the world. The orange Coca Cola is called "Mezzo Mix" and is sold only in Germany, Switzerland, and Austria. Cool that they're bringing it (and other flavors) here.

Well I'm not quite in Florida yet. I am moving next week and I'm going to make sure to hit one of those in GA on the way down.

Got it. :worthy:

What do you pour the drink into? They did say coin operated right?

Not sure what "coin operated" has to do with the first question. My guess is the drink pours into a cup, which the machine drops into the dispenser area, just like the drink machines of days gone by. No?

Not sure what "coin operated" has to do with the first question. My guess is the drink pours into a cup, which the machine drops into the dispenser area, just like the drink machines of days gone by. No?

I guess you are right! I hope they get the sync thing down pat... Remember how a cup would get hung up (or either run out) and the product (usually coffee) would come out and then the cup would drop! <_<:thumbsup: I guess modern computers and circuit boards could solve a lot of mechanical SNAFU's.

At first I didn't know what to expect from the link... I was thinking it was some consumer product that could be used in the home... Like JA posted about a while back. I read it the article and realized what it was and saw the "coin operated" statement. I began to wonder what they serve it (the product) in, since it wasn't mentioned. My train of thought ( :thumbsup: ) was that it was self-serve, so nobody could give you a cup.

What do you pour the drink into? They did say coin operated right?

In the second article with the video they show people walking up to it with a cup, so my guess is this is more for places like food joints or convience stores that already have the self serve soda machines.

I guess you are right! I hope they get the sync thing down pat... Remember how a cup would get hung up (or either run out) and the product (usually coffee) would come out and then the cup would drop! <_<:thumbsup:

That could be quite frustrating when it was your last quarter/dollar/whatever.

Jack notes that in the vid (which I didn't even notice) people had cups, so maybe it is meant to be used at a location with cups (which solves the sync issue). I want to use my sippy cup!

Jack notes that in the vid (which I didn't even notice) people had cups, so maybe it is meant to be used at a location with cups (which solves the sync issue). I want to use my sippy cup!

That could be tough to get it in the little opening though? <_<

If you go to Walt Disney World in Orlando (which is where I am right now), there's a place in EPCOT called "Club Cool" that serves (hold onto your hats) free soft drinks from around the world. The orange Coca Cola is called "Mezzo Mix" and is sold only in Germany, Switzerland, and Austria. Cool that they're bringing it (and other flavors) here.

Been there. Done that. The watermelon soda from China was my favorite . . . Although I thought the first name, Ice Station Zero, was way cooler (no pun intended) . . .

Looked like a theatre lobby or food court in the vid.

Can't see this as a viable alternative to the stand alone bottled drink dispenser.

Open top cups aren't as convenient as bottles (or sippy cups for that matter).

It is a cool use of technology though.

Been there. Done that. The watermelon soda from China was my favorite . . . Although I thought the first name, Ice Station Zero, was way cooler (no pun intended) . . .

Yep, with the refrigerated igloo. <_<

My fave is the lemon-lime one (Kinley) from Israel.