Border tensions

Link

Pointing their rifles, Mexican security forces chased away U.S. authorities investigating the shooting of a 15-year-old Mexican by a U.S. Border Patrol agent on the banks of the Rio Grande, the FBI and witnesses told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

The killing of the Mexican by U.S. authorities — the second in less than two weeks — has exposed the distrust between the two countries that lies just below the surface, and has enraged Mexicans who see the death of the boy on Mexican soil as an act of murder.

The Mexican authorities accused the Americans of trying to recover evidence from Mexican soil and threatened to kill them if they crossed the border, prompting both sides to draw their guns, said the 16-year-old boy who asked not to be further identified for fear of reprisal.

Let's see if I get this right. It's OK for Mexican cops to indiscriminately kill Americans who cross their border, but it's not OK for American officers to shoot a Mexican border-crosser when it became a matter of self-defense.

Nice logic. :wallbash: Or perhaps it's perfect logic, just depends from which vantage you see it. Innocent Americans need to allow themselves to be maimed/killed, and Mexicans' mellows can't be harshed for any reason.

There was a time when these people would be dead for this act. No questions asked, no investigation needed, no apologies given. In the Ford era, we went into one country... I forget where, I just remember the circumstances... where Americans had been taken captive by a private group --- and we bombed the sh-- out of the city on the way in, rescued the people (there was intel on exactly where they were), and bombed on the way out just for good measure.

Now, we apologize for living.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me get this straight... The boy was shot on Mexican SOIL. Are these Americans you speak of getting killed by Mexican cops on Mexican soil or American soil?

The boy that got shot on Mexican soil... How did that event take place? It does not say.

WE don't know the facts and probably never will. Both sides will fill in the blanks with what suits them. Nobody will be satisfied, but everyone does the angry dance. A kid was killed, we all share in the grief, even if the kid was in the wrong and the guy was just defending himself.

What a horrible world we live in.

WE don't know the facts and probably never will. Both sides will fill in the blanks with what suits them. Nobody will be satisfied, but everyone does the angry dance. A kid was killed, we all share in the grief, even if the kid was in the wrong and the guy was just defending himself.

What a horrible world we live in.

Still doesn't look good... Kid was in his own country and the shell casing was near him. Maybe he was up to no good (you think :cry: )... But just the fact that the body is not in America is pretty damning... Most other times in history and that is an act of war, shooting a person like that. Again, I not siding with Mexico or America... Yet, there is no gettting over the fact that the kid was in his own country, even if it is 20 or 2 feet... That doesn't look good! We can cry all we want about border tensions, no matter how in the "right" we in America may be... Again, this can't happen... I hate to say it, but Mexico seems to be holding the moral high ground here. What if it was the other way around? An American body found dead on American soil 20 feet from the border?

Explain to me how the American that pulled the trigger is in the right? They dragged the body back to Mexico?... 20 feet?... The kid wounded, stumbled back to his country?... I highly doubt that.

I hate to say it, but Mexico seems to be holding the moral high ground here. What if it was the other way around? An American body found dead on American soil 20 feet from the border?

Explain to me how the American that pulled the trigger is in the right? They dragged the body back to Mexico?... 20 feet?... The kid wounded, stumbled back to his country?... I highly doubt that.

As mentioned earlier, both sides will have their say and the pissing contest will continue but you can go way further into OUR country and realize the carnage left behind by many of these Mexican criminals.

I'm not justifying what has happened here, I'm just sayin'.......

As mentioned earlier, both sides will have their say and the pissing contest will continue but you can go way further into OUR country and realize the carnage left behind by many of these Mexican criminals.

I'm not justifying what has happened here, I'm just sayin'.......

!@#$ Mexico. Really, fukk'em.

We need a President with the balls to tell them to go home and stay home and to lock down the border. We've got our hands full as a nation already with our own citizens and Mexico has zero leverage in the relationship.

We need a President with the balls to tell them to go home and stay home and to lock down the border. We've got our hands full as a nation already with our own citizens and Mexico has zero leverage in the relationship.

Absolutely agree. Why are their problems suddenly our problems? Oh thats right some Americans buy illegal drugs. And we provide "assault rifles" If only not for the big bad USA Mexico would be Utopia.

Absolutely agree. Why are their problems suddenly our problems? Oh thats right some Americans buy illegal drugs. And we provide "assault rifles" If only not for the big bad USA Mexico would be Utopia.

Corruption is the way of life in Mexico. Their problems will never be solved without solving that problem.

I wouldn't say that- but if rocks were being thrown at the border patrol guy, he has every right to defend himself. Don't throw the rocks and you won't get shot- same as idiot fans who come onto the field- don't do it and you don't get tasered.

I do hate to see a kid die though.

Corruption is the way of life in Mexico. Their problems will never be solved without solving that problem.

Same could be said of the good 'ol US of A

Still doesn't look good... Kid was in his own country and the shell casing was near him. Maybe he was up to no good (you think :cry: )... But just the fact that the body is not in America is pretty damning... Most other times in history and that is an act of war, shooting a person like that. Again, I not siding with Mexico or America... Yet, there is no gettting over the fact that the kid was in his own country, even if it is 20 or 2 feet... That doesn't look good! We can cry all we want about border tensions, no matter how in the "right" we in America may be... Again, this can't happen... I hate to say it, but Mexico seems to be holding the moral high ground here. What if it was the other way around? An American body found dead on American soil 20 feet from the border?

Until you read about how Mexico defends its southern border.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2008/02/...hia-gorney-text

We really need to do whatever is necessary to secure our border.

I wouldn't say that- but if rocks were being thrown at the border patrol guy, he has every right to defend himself. Don't throw the rocks and you won't get shot- same as idiot fans who come onto the field- don't do it and you don't get tasered.

I do hate to see a kid die though.

Same could be said of the good 'ol US of A

I'm not looking at the rock situation alone. I'm looking at the bigger picture. Our country is going broke. Illegal immigration is costing us a lot of money. The border is trouble and we are literally being invaded by people with low morality, low levels of skill and low expectations. We have enough of this already. This is the biggest no-brainer going. Send them home, lock down the border and tell the Mexican President that we'll be ready to talk when he's ready to respect our laws, culture and people.

I'm not looking at the rock situation alone. I'm looking at the bigger picture. Our country is going broke. Illegal immigration is costing us a lot of money. The border is trouble and we are literally being invaded by people with low morality, low levels of skill and low expectations. We have enough of this already. This is the biggest no-brainer going. Send them home, lock down the border and tell the Mexican President that we'll be ready to talk when he's ready to respect our laws, culture and people.

A child dies in Mexico from an American bullet, and everyone is enraged. A third-generation Arizona rancher dies on his land from bullets from illegal aliens, and the state of Arizona is called "misguided."

Awesome.

Our current president likes Mexico more than his own country. He hates all the the USA stands for. He hates its history and he hates independent thought. Your right, by default a marxist has no spine for he depends on others to do the work. However, he has no desire to stand up to Mexico. Because he hates his country and he plans to grant amnesty to all illegals here to garner further support for the democrats. In short, he's a dick.

A child dies in Mexico from an American bullet, and everyone is enraged. A third-generation Arizona rancher dies on his land from bullets from illegal aliens, and the state of Arizona is called "misguided."

Awesome.

Well said.

Tell that to Palestinian Arab "activists."

Awesome.

Apples and oranges.

Sadly, it is a one way street. This takes precedant. Before you get all mad at me, it bothers me too that is heas to take precedent over a dead rancher. Not that I don't understnad your point. I would be 100% behind you in this argument if there wasn't a line (border) between the shooter and where the person got killed. Unfortunately the child got killed on his own soil by an American official. Again... It really sucks where the body is... And the official doing the shooting has to know that, even if it is only 20 feet away. The officer really !@#$ed up! You know the old saying about a robber on your property? The one about sticking a knife in his hand. This boy wasn't even in the house yet.

And a rock? :worthy: