Only Eleven Days Remain...

buckeyemike

As all of you know, I'm a former (and I'm beginning to stress that term now) Cleveland Browns fan.

One week from Sunday, the Browns make their first trip to Orchard Park since 1986. I really wish this were a stronger rivalry. To Browns fans, Buffalo is simply a place most of them have never been to, four hours northeast on I-90.

Look at all the things that have happened in the world since the Browns last played the Bills at Rich/RWS:

*four Super Bowl appearances for the Bills.

*Browns move, then are reborn (and almost appear to be dying again).

*two Presidents Bush.

*I graduated from high school, college, law school, started my own law practice, and got married.

*Infants turned into college students.

*two wars in Iraq.

*somebody actually won $2.5 million on "Jeopardy".

and I could go on and on...

GO BILLS!! SQUISH THE FISH!!

Mike

So, what led you to jump from the Browns to the Bills?  :lol:

141733[/snapback]

The move in '95. I've always liked the Bills, stretching back to the late '70s. I actually bought a t-shirt right before Super Bowl XXV years ago. Today, I have a London Fletcher jersey (I actually drove up to Orchard Park about six weeks ago), a Bills sweatshirt, bumper sticker, and other memorabilia.

Buffalo is very similar to Cleveland and I am surprised there is not more a rivalry between the two cities. Cleveland spends most of its hate on Pittsburgh and what little is left is aimed at Cincinnati.

The fans of the Bills are like no other. It is truly a family and I feel very fortunate to have been welcomed into, to steal a term, "Bills Nation". Where else but TSW can I waste many of my days and have nearly 2000 posts?

Mike

Buffalo is very similar to Cleveland and I am surprised there is not more a rivalry between the two cities.  Cleveland spends most of its hate on Pittsburgh and what little is left is aimed at Cincinnati.

141744[/snapback]

I still say when the division were redone, the NFL should have put Buffalo with Pitt/Cleve/Cincy. It would have made for some good games, plus full stadiums at each city, with them all being within a resonable driving distance for the opposing fans.

I still say when the division were redone, the NFL should have put Buffalo with Pitt/Cleve/Cincy. It would have made for some good games, plus full stadiums at each city, with them all being within a resonable driving distance for the opposing fans.

141759[/snapback]

...and we might have actually won the division at some point, seeing how Cleveland and Cin have been playing... :lol:

141759[/snapback]

It's what I wanted. Unfortunately, the NFL thought they could exploit the Browns/Ravens situation, so they stuck Baltimore in the North.

And, in retrospect, what would happen to the storied Bills/Dolphins rivalry if the league did that?

Mike

I hope the Bills don't get complacent thoughts. Last week's 58 - 48 game was certainly an oddity but I see a ton of Brownie games, and they are a feisty bunch. Prior to that game, the b'gals D gave up 3, 10, and 19 points in 2 wins and 1 loss -with only 10 points given up by the D in the Pgh loss... 9 came from a safety and an int runback, and they sacked Ben R 7 times.

And Cle lit 'em up for 48...and prior to the 58 pts by Cincy, the Browns D had good stats.

I hope the Bills don't get complacent thoughts. Last week's  58 - 48 game was certainly an oddity but I see a ton of Brownie games, and they are a feisty bunch. Prior to that game, the b'gals D gave up 3, 10, and 19 points in 2 wins and 1 loss -with only 10 points given up by the D in the Pgh loss... 9 came from a safety and an int runback, and they sacked Ben R 7 times.

And Cle lit 'em up for 48...and prior to the 58 pts by Cincy, the Browns D had good stats.

141782[/snapback]

But much like we used to be :lol: , the Browns are two different teams: great at home, but garbage on the road. This Browns team almost beat Philly at home--in fact, they outplayed Philly at home and should have won that game. But then they hit the road and get blown out by the likes of the Giants and Cowboys.

It also doesn't look to be getting much better for them: Holcomb is out and Luke McCown might start against New England. :lol:

But much like we used to be  :lol: , the Browns are two different teams: great at home, but garbage on the road.  This Browns team almost beat Philly at home--in fact, they outplayed Philly at home and should have won that game. But then they hit the road and get blown out by the likes of the Giants and Cowboys.

It also doesn't look to be getting much better for them: Holcomb is out and Luke McCown might start against New England.  :lol:

141793[/snapback]

Yep. :lol:

BTW, here are the Browns' last five games:

12/5 New England

12/12 @Buffalo (of course)

12/19 San Diego

12/26 @Miami (Sunday night, ESPN)

1/2 @Houston

How many of these do the Browns win? No more than 2.

Mike

It's what I wanted.  Unfortunately, the NFL thought they could exploit the Browns/Ravens situation, so they stuck Baltimore in the North. 

And, in retrospect, what would happen to the storied Bills/Dolphins rivalry if the league did that?

Mike

141772[/snapback]

I could be mistaken, but I seem to remember Ralph being VERY vocal about staying with the fish. Buffalo, Pitt, Cleveland and Cincy just makes too much sense.

------

your absolutely right......I never thought about it before but it would make a heck of a lot more sense.

And honestly, I could care less about playing Miami or NE if we were in that division.