(OT) Yankees close to acquiring Big Unit

Like A Mofo

Good question.  But Im sure the anti-Yankee whiners will line up and complain how Ill never watch baseball again, but if you look at this trade as a whole, it may not make them any better.

141827[/snapback]

Steve Kline and or Steve Karsey

I speak only for myself, but I am sure many other yankees fans feel the same way.  This current squad is missing the "IT factor", and that is because they do not realize what it means to wear pinstripes.

141830[/snapback]

Very well said.

As a Braves fan 2004 was much more exciting for me than the last five years simply b/c they weren't expected to win but they did. They showed heart and character. And when you watch the game played that way you know it.

And I saw the same thing in the Yanks as you did....they are missing something..heart, passion.

Very well said.

As a Braves fan 2004 was much more exciting for me than the last five years simply b/c they weren't expected to win but they did. They showed heart and character. And when you watch the game played that way you know it.

And I saw the same thing in the Yanks as you did....they are missing something..heart, passion.

141842[/snapback]

No doubt IT is missing.

Have you guys watched the unit pitch...he is as filthy as ever

Yes he is a good pitcher. And truthfully I wouldnt mind seeing him on the yankees dispite what i have posted here because he is a competitor and a good team guy, and can still play very well.

The problem is with giving up vazquez, who, although I dont think he fits in in NY, is a young pitcher who might be able to develop and be here for many years, and one of our best prospects, albeit a 3Bman whose position is occupied for a few years. It just doesnt make sense.

Yes he is a good pitcher.  And truthfully I wouldnt mind seeing him on the yankees dispite what i have posted here because he is a competitor and a good team guy, and can still play very well.

The problem is with giving up vazquez, who, although I dont think he fits in in NY, is a young pitcher who might be able to develop and be here for many years, and one of our best prospects, albeit a 3Bman whose position is occupied for a few years.  It just doesnt make sense.

141881[/snapback]

You guys should be thankful that's all you have to give up, if the Cardinals offer I read was accurate it was far superior to the Yankees.

Vasquez sucks. Not sure why everyone is so high on him.

I'm not sure it matters, as Gordon showed he's not a dependable post season option.

141882[/snapback]

Gordon and Quantrill were the two most overworked pitchers in baseball last year. Both were lights out for most of the year until the innings caught up to them. Johnson will give you 120 rock solid pitches in a game consistently and alleviate the bullpen stress that we endured last year

Two things.  Randy Johnson can still pitch, and this is why the Yankees haven't won in several years.  Kneejerk reactions to losses have caused them to fill their clubhouse with names and not teams.

When they figure that out they will win again.

141861[/snapback]

Several?

4 years isnt exactly several...

Now 22 years on the other hand.............. :lol:

Several?

4 years isnt exactly several...

Now 22 years on the other hand..............  :lol:

141886[/snapback]

Don't get me started, I'm trying to keep this on a legit level tonight.

OK I'll throw one in. When was your last trip to the Series?

A hint, longer than the Cards :lol:

Just joking, like I said, I just want to talk baseball.

Gordon and Quantrill were the two most overworked pitchers in baseball last year.  Both were lights out for most of the year until the innings caught up to them.  Johnson will give you 120 rock solid pitches in a game consistently and alleviate the bullpen stress that we endured last year

141885[/snapback]

I don't think overwork made Gordon vomit before heading out to face Poppy. First pitch. DONG.

Had nothing to do with his physical ability.