http://online.wsj.com/article/SB2000142405..._journalreports

Omni can't raze Old Detroit and replace it with Delta City soon enough, lol.

this shrinking city needs to hang on to people like Johnette Barham: taxpaying, middle-class professionals who invest in local real estate, work and play downtown, and make their home here.

Ms. Barham just left. And she's not coming back.

In seven years as a homeowner in Detroit, she endured more than 10 burglaries and break-ins at her house and a nearby rental property she owned. Still, she defied friends' pleas to leave as she fortified her home with locks, bars, alarms and a dog.

Then, a week before Christmas, someone torched the house and destroyed almost everything she owned.

It dawns on me that the whole "Escape from New York" concept might actually be a good idea....they just had the wrong city for the movie.

Detroit would be a perfect spot to wall off for an inmates-only Super-Max prison. Git 'er done Obama.

It dawns on me that the whole "Escape from New York" concept might actually be a good idea....they just had the wrong city for the movie.

Detroit would be a perfect spot to wall off for an inmates-only Super-Max prison. Git 'er done Obama.

Man I posted about this a long time ago. Idea works right? At least I know I'm not totally goofy. I think fantastic reality tv shows could stem from this as well.

Man I posted about this a long time ago. Idea works right? At least I know I'm not totally goofy. I think fantastic reality tv shows could stem from this as well.

Like they could make a show about convicted criminals being given a chance to escape via a series of gladiatorial combats. Maybe get Richard Dawson to host it.

Yup, you could have 24x7 Detroit Prison Cam.

We really need some progressive leaders to make things like this happen.

Yup, you could have 24x7 Detroit Prison Cam.

We really need some progressive leaders to make things like this happen.

Plus, there's the potential for training and proving grounds for urban combat and combat robots for the military. Really, how much more prepared would the Army have been for Baghdad if they'd been able to train in Detroit ten years ago?

Git'er done Obama???? Oh please, Obama should be forced to live in Detroit just so that he can see first hand the ditch his liberal democrat policies are driving America into...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit

"Politics - Politically, the city consistently supports the Democratic Party in state and national elections (local elections are nonpartisan). According to a study released by the Bay Area Center for Voting Research, Detroit is the most liberal large city in America, measuring only the percentage of city residents who voted for the Democratic Party."

<---------SNAKE!!! :devil:

And the saucy Maria Conchita Alonso, during her 15 mintues as an almost A-list actor.

Word.

I loved those 80s-era Arnold movies (pre T2):

Predator

Total Recall

Conan

Running Man

All of those are, in my book, classics of that decade.