Steve Jobs Demonstrates New iPhone

/dev/null

For those of us in SaaS software sales, that is an all to real experience. But, I am also shocked he did not have some mocked up shots ..just in case, as I always do

They had people turn off their wifi and it worked just fine a few minutes later. It really wasn't that big of a deal.

Good, so go buy an Android phone. :lol:

I don't see much of a gap in the phones between iPhones and the competition anymore. The HTC and Droid basically have closed the gap and made it so that the anti-AT&T people have viable alternatives.

2 years ago, the iPhone was the best phone out there hands down. Now people can get what they want. I will get another iPhone because I am invested in the platform but the second some game-changer comes along and is a lot better, I'll probably follow it.

This latest iPhone is a pretty natural and unsurprising evolution in the iPhone. What people complained about for the last 2 years is now in the phone--and they gave it a few cool tweaks in the screen and gyroscope.

It's not clear if iPhone 4 will be AT&T exclusive (again) or if Verizion will eventually have a version. If Jobs wants me to buy an iPhone then he better get it on Verizon because AT&T doesn't reach my hollow in NH.

PTR

It's not clear if iPhone 4 will be AT&T exclusive (again) or if Verizion will eventually have a version. If Jobs wants me to buy an iPhone then he better get it on Verizon because AT&T doesn't reach my hollow in NH.

PTR

I bet it's available once Verizon upgrades from its CDMA network to LTE. There's no way Apple is making a new phone for CDMA when Verizon will be throwing CDMA to the curb in 2011.

PTR

Indeed. AT&T's network is iffy where I am, too. Verizon's is awesome.

I bet it's available once Verizon upgrades from its CDMA network to LTE. There's no way Apple is making a new phone for CDMA when Verizon will be throwing CDMA to the curb in 2011.

Well that means NH might be upgraded by 2021. I see a Droid Incredible in my near future.

PTR

I don't see much of a gap in the phones between iPhones and the competition anymore. The HTC and Droid basically have closed the gap and made it so that the anti-AT&T people have viable alternatives.

2 years ago, the iPhone was the best phone out there hands down. Now people can get what they want. I will get another iPhone because I am invested in the platform but the second some game-changer comes along and is a lot better, I'll probably follow it.

This latest iPhone is a pretty natural and unsurprising evolution in the iPhone. What people complained about for the last 2 years is now in the phone--and they gave it a few cool tweaks in the screen and gyroscope.

I too am "invested in the Apple platform" but I have an Android phone and it all works together very nicely. Better than I expected. I guess my point is that owning other Apple stuff shouldn't dissuade you from investigating other options.

Verizon just got great material for a new commercial.

Now I know this was a wifi issue, not necessarily a network issue, but the only reason I switched from the iPhone was reception. I got 0-1 bars at work with AT&T. I get FULL bars, never had a problem with VZW.

Steve knows VZW is superior. When one of those "reporters" yelled "VERIZON!" he gave a nervous "yeah, I know... I get it... AT&T sucks" chuckle before letting us know it was of course a wifi issue.... not a 3G carrier issue.

I too am "invested in the Apple platform" but I have an Android phone and it all works together very nicely. Better than I expected. I guess my point is that owning other Apple stuff shouldn't dissuade you from investigating other options.

I like the some of the Android phones--especially the new ones--but honestly, the new iPhone looks better to me + I have iPhone momentum.

That's not a "dig" on the Android phones. I can see why people like them. At this point, it's tamatoes vs tomatoes.

Verizon just got great material for a new commercial.

Now I know this was a wifi issue, not necessarily a network issue, but the only reason I switched from the iPhone was reception. I got 0-1 bars at work with AT&T. I get FULL bars, never had a problem with VZW.

Steve knows VZW is superior. When one of those "reporters" yelled "VERIZON!" he gave a nervous "yeah, I know... I get it... AT&T sucks" chuckle before letting us know it was of course a wifi issue.... not a 3G carrier issue.

I have seen mixed testing results on that. I'm not sure that is conclusive. Verizon's tech penetrates deeper into buildings for sure, but it has other limitations. ATT is also hampered by having the iphone in the 1st place. Most of what I have read postulates that VZW would be facing the same struggles if the roles were reversed.

They had people turn off their wifi and it worked just fine a few minutes later. It really wasn't that big of a deal.

:wacko:

My phone works GREAT! (Unless, of course, if I'm anywhere near a wifi signal.)

I have seen mixed testing results on that. I'm not sure that is conclusive. Verizon's tech penetrates deeper into buildings for sure, but it has other limitations. ATT is also hampered by having the iphone in the 1st place. Most of what I have read postulates that VZW would be facing the same struggles if the roles were reversed.

I had VZW and prefer AT&T. Since the iPhone came online, AT&T's service has been hammered and I see that but I agree: who wouldn't have been hammered by the massive jump that the iPhone caused?