Obama's foreign policy...

Actually, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is one of the few bright spots of the Obama administration. ...and that ain't saying much.

Of course, with that friggin' "reset button" stunt, she started out setting awfully low standards, and had nowhere to go but up.

If that fat-thighed, crooked toothed, carpet-bagging, scraggly-haired haridan is the best and the brightest in the administration, BO is in deep sorghum.

That's exactly what I mean.

Look at today's New York Times editorial advising President Obama to finally show some leadership regarding the Gulf oil spill. The last line says that it's time for Obama to decisively show leadership and competence. We're at week eight (8). If Obama can't show leadership and competence by now, he never will. Why isn't the New York Times beating the living s**t out of Obama instead of encouraging him to be something that he is not nor ever will be?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/13/opinion/13sun1.html?hp

The President’s Moment

Published: June 11, 2010

If ever there was a test of President Obama’s vision of government — one that cannot solve all problems, but does what people cannot do for themselves — it is this nerve-racking early summer of 2010, with oil spewing into the Gulf of Mexico and far too many Americans out of work for far too long.

[skip to last line]

These are matters of competence and leadership. This is a time for Mr. Obama to decisively show both.

That's exactly what I mean.

Look at today's New York Times editorial advising President Obama to finally show some leadership regarding the Gulf oil spill. The last line says that it's time for Obama to decisively show leadership and competence. We're at week eight (8). If Obama can't show leadership and competence by now, he never will. Why isn't the New York Times beating the living s**t out of Obama instead of encouraging him to be something that he is not nor ever will be?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/13/opinion/13sun1.html?hp

The President’s Moment

Published: June 11, 2010

If ever there was a test of President Obama’s vision of government — one that cannot solve all problems, but does what people cannot do for themselves — it is this nerve-racking early summer of 2010, with oil spewing into the Gulf of Mexico and far too many Americans out of work for far too long.

[skip to last line]

These are matters of competence and leadership. This is a time for Mr. Obama to decisively show both.

I think the NYT understands what motivates this president: criticism. Everyone said he needed to show anger, so he said he was going to kick some ass. Everyone criticized him for not having even met with BP, and he has a meeting set up. NYT criticizes him for no leadership, and he schedules an address to the nation for Tuesday. (Granted, I'm sure he'll address the nation on how BP is comprised of dolts, and he's going to make them pay, and how they're big doo-doo heads, and he has his boot on their jugular, and if it weren't for that pesky Jones Act he'd let more help in, and then he'll probably go home thinking "Boy, now that's some leadership right there, eh Michelle? Does anyone know if BB King confirmed for Thursday?")

Only problem (and I'm sure we all know it) is that being "told" what to do does not constitute leadership...

I'm sure this will just appear to the HuffPosters as a repetitive partisan hack comment, but I think many in the middle would agree that the reason Obama is getting pounded for lack of leadership is not because he hasn't been showing it, but rather because HE is convinced that he HAS been showing it all along. I fear his idea of leadership is to fix the leak, much like many on the left would argue that you need to kill Bin Laden to end the war on terror. And since he can't personally, physically fix the leak on his own, the only other role of the leader must then be to inflate the anger toward the only people who CAN stop the leak.

I would add that his larger issue is not that the leak isn't fixed, but rather that there seems to have been NO desire to pre-emptively help the coasts as the oil moves toward them. Don't misunderstand; I'm not in the camp that says they're deliberately doing this because I simply don't think anyone is THAT stupid, but I AM surprised there hasn't been more on what the Daily Caller humorously refers to as the unions Dock Blocking international cleanup support. I half expect the WH to explain "Look, we put a moratorium on drilling. What more do you want," much like they pinned their economic recovery hopes on what has turned into an unbelievably wasteful Stimulus Plan.

The cries of "He doesn't have a clue" sounded like political blather at first, but the longer this goes on, and the more oil that hits the shores, and the more reports come out about things they haven't done, but could have been done to minimize this, the more I'm starting to think he is simply unable to comprehend the severity of the issue.

Dude's in serious, serious trouble, but that shouldn't drive how you lead.

The cries of "He doesn't have a clue" sounded like political blather at first, but the longer this goes on, and the more oil that hits the shores, and the more reports come out about things they haven't done, but could have been done to minimize this, the more I'm starting to think he is simply unable to comprehend the severity of the issue.

Another (protracted) "Present" vote by Barack H. Obama.

<_<