dIe-95

When my sister lived in FL I visited her once a year, and had to take the I-95 all the time. I encountered several instances where people would pas me on the right while i was in the right hand lane. Not to mention the speed limit being 75 in some areas. . .

Now she lives in Mass. where i have to take the I-93 to get to her house. They use the "Breakdonw lane" or shoulder as a driving lane during rush hour traffic, not to mention randoom 50 ft stretches of lanes that are wide enough to fit 2 cars in each, and the entrance/exit ramps combined into one. That highway is dangerous.

IMO the 93 is more dangerous stretch of road, but the drivers, type of driving causes most of the issues in Florida.

I-94 in Illinois? They gotta be joking just to put Illinois on the list somewhere. One can't possibly die if they are only going 5 mph. :wallbash:

Anyway... IMO from what I noticed about that Miami area... It is off the spectrum on the zoo scale of craziness... I-94 is a walk in the park. What is it about the agressiveness?

When my sister lived in FL I visited her once a year, and had to take the I-95 all the time. I encountered several instances where people would pas me on the right while i was in the right hand lane. Not to mention the speed limit being 75 in some areas. . .

Now she lives in Mass. where i have to take the I-93 to get to her house. They use the "Breakdonw lane" or shoulder as a driving lane during rush hour traffic, not to mention randoom 50 ft stretches of lanes that are wide enough to fit 2 cars in each, and the entrance/exit ramps combined into one. That highway is dangerous.

IMO the 93 is more dangerous stretch of road, but the drivers, type of driving causes most of the issues in Florida.

I was gonna say the same thing... I can't believe they put I-93 so (I think 8) low... I still think I-95 is off the spectrum, but the MA thing is horrific too... I mean come on, MA is so bad they have to station mandatory working cops/officers in work zones? WTF state has to resort to that? And it still doesn't solve all the bitterness. I mean up there, I can understand a little, there is nothing to live for except death, taxes, and the brutal rat-race. ;)

Anyway, they don't tell you what specific (outside of state) sections... I must drive on the sane stretch of I-94... :lol::worthy: Sure it is bad, but nowhere near what I seen on those other two. And I am pretty seasoned.

My brother is a truck driver and he said the difference between New York and Chicago is people will actually stare you down in New York before cutting you off... Chicago is actually the "blind swoop" across the lanes. Maybe there is down home midwest guilt why they don't look at you... :wallbash:

They may be going by deaths... Still, you don't hear of too many deadly crashes (I-94)... Lot of fender benders because it so damn slo during the rushes.

No doubt. Rte 128 around Boston is probably even more dangerous, but it isn't an Interstate. Say what you will about Bostonians at least they actually think about driving while they are driving. They may drive aggressively and rudely, but for the most part their minds are on the road. Who knows what the bulk of Florida drivers are thinking of while they drive.

No doubt. Rte 128 around Boston is probably even more dangerous, but it isn't an Interstate. Say what you will about Bostonians at least they actually think about driving while they are driving. They may drive aggressively and rudely, but for the most part their minds are on the road. Who knows what the bulk of Florida drivers are thinking of while they drive.

You gotta point... What road I don't know. :wallbash: On the honor scale, they are just plain !@#$ing you! Like the whole east coast stare down thing? They know where they want to be and how they will get there! No doubt there is honor among thieves!

I 95 New Haven to NYC is the worst IMO. It is the main artery between NYC and Boston, and should be a 5 lane highway at least. It is 2. What a cluster !@#$!

Yup.....the huge population growth in Fairfield/New Haven counties over the past couple decades has resulted in almost continuous traffic. Plus, it's the only major truck route near the coast and there are tons of on and off ramps, almost all which parallel the equally gridlocked Route 1 and have insufficient acceleration/deceleration lanes.

There are major accidents all the time, most recently on Saturday when the whole northbound highway was closed in Norwalk.

Did you ever see the bumper sticker that said: "Pray for me I drive I-95"

Nope....haven't seen that one. My fav is: "If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk." Sad part is, some guy in Delray did that on Saturday. Hurt 7 people.

I-93 sucks when they use that breakdown lane. We use it to go to Stoughton to visit our daughter and son in law.

Who knows what the bulk of Florida drivers are thinking of while they drive.

How to get to Country Kitchen Buffet

I 95 New Haven to NYC is the worst IMO. It is the main artery between NYC and Boston, and should be a 5 lane highway at least. It is 2. What a cluster !@#$!

I once took I-95 northbound out of NYC to Boston at rush hour. Surprisingly I-95 southbound had all the accidents once I crossed the border in CT. About one accident every 5-10 miles through the whole state till I crossed into MA.

True, there's lots of NASCAR fans down in Florida. But there's also a lot of elderly :lol:

And I must admit to being surprised, if not a little disappointed, that crayonz has not yet made that connection

To add to the elderly, you have such a mixture of "transplants" that the flow of traffic is flawed. Different types of drivers all driving on the same roads is a bad mix.

I would argue that I-4 is more dangerous, and I travel both. Just personal experience, though.

To add to the elderly, you have such a mixture of "transplants" that the flow of traffic is flawed. Different types of drivers all driving on the same roads is a bad mix.

I would argue that I-4 is more dangerous, and I travel both. Just personal experience, though.

Bingo.

The combination of diametrically opposed driving styles is like fire & gasoline. All it takes is for just 2 of them to converge and you have a NASCAR-style pile up. And believe me, there are about a dozen different driving styles in play at any given point in time.