why is Jamon Meredith being ignored

excellent point, thats what i am trying to say, fans on this site are ignoring him, still more talk of jason peters here than jamon meredith,

Still more talk of Jason Peters than of Jamon Meredith. Gee, that's hard to understand. Is there more talk of Jim Kelly than of Levi Brown too? Who would've figured it?

And dude, try to learn how to quote. Basically, you can't erase any of the gobbledygook. Just write below it.

ike i said lack of nfl strength, and desire were the knocks on him. he is not a five year project ala peters or a converted basketball player who also has minimal nfl strength (and is coming off knee surgery) he is a left tackle out of the SEC, not left field......where our last few have come. he is not a developmental product. "meredith shines in pass protection....second round projection......"

if lack of bulk and bull rush ability are what your looking for in a left tackle why not stay with the bulk lacking, often holding, Demetrius Bell

lol

There's lots more where that came from.

OK, if there's more of it, let's see, oh, I don't know ... maybe one link? I presented a link ... that's what I meant by lots more where that came from. You presented your opinion. Yeah, there may be lots more where it came from, but that's not so very impressive, to say that you are able to continue giving your opinion.

And Peters was a pretty strange kind of five-year project, the kind of five-year project who was a starter halfway through his second year, and instantly the best player on the OL, the kind of five-year project who was a pro-bowler in his fourth year. That's a pretty weird kind of five-year project.

Meredith on the other hand is a guy who from minute one was projected as a right tackle because he simply isn't athletic enough to be an LT. That's where Green Bay had him, and it's where Buffalo had him till the cupboard at LT was so bare they had to move somebody over, and they picked Meredith. Unfortunately, they still haven't grabbed anybody who can beat out Demetrius Bell or Meredith. And that's pretty pathetic. The best scenario right now is that Wang matures and takes over in 2012 or so and gives us a creditable LT.

I like Meredith, and think there's a pretty decent chance he's going to be our right tackle in the next year or two and possibly for a long time. I hope I'm right.

Actually, going back to last season's draft, the reason that Meredith fell as far as he did was a perceived notion that he was a troublemaker -- and potential locker room poison. There were rumors that his coaches at SC gave a not-so-glaring review of him when privately questioned by various NFL scouts heading into the draft. At least one publication referred to him as a "locker room lawyer". Now, I haven't heard anything from either Green Bay or Buffalo about him being anything but a stand-up guy. So, who knows? Perhaps he had a personal conflict with one of his coaches at SC that led to a lot of this. If so, maybe the character assassination helped allow the Bills to acquire a talented young player at a position of need.

So if there was no problem at Green Bay, why did they cut him and put him on the practice squad if he was so talented?

Good point. Remember also, however, that the Bills once stashed Jason Peters on their Practice Squad as well -- and left him unprotected for a considerable period of time.

And what was Peters at the time they put him on the practice squad (signed to the active roster on Nov. 12th by the way) again? Oh, yeah, a 320 pound tight end with all his college experience also at tight end. See the difference?

Can someone tell me again why GB stashed Meredith on the PS to begin the 2009 season last year? And, why didn't GB call up Meredith when GB had to re-sign Mark Tauscher and start Chad Clifton at LT?

He's a project player who doesn't have the weight to work at RT and the agility to play LT. This isn't college anymore, regardless of which conference he played in. Starting OT's rarely come from the practice squads of other teams.

It's the Jimmy Claussssen effect. Someone saw something in some draft rag that Meredith was super-fantastic and now that the Bills have him, he's going to be double super-fantastic! :wacko:

It's the Jimmy Claussssen effect. Someone saw something in some draft rag that Meredith was super-fantastic and now that the Bills have him, he's going to be double super-fantastic! :wacko:

Meredith played pretty well for essentially being thrown to the wolves. Was he great no? Did he play about as well as could be expected given the circumstances? Yes. So lets wait and see what he does in the pre season before throwing him under the bus? At least thats my point of view.

Meredith played pretty well for essentially being thrown to the wolves. Was he great no? Did he play about as well as could be expected given the circumstances? Yes. So lets wait and see what he does in the pre season before throwing him under the bus? At least thats my point of view.

That's just SB being SB. The team is horrible to watch/follow, but not horrible enough to stop posting about on an internet message board. :wacko:

So lets wait and see what he does

That's what I've been saying all along. Show me the baby.

That's just SB being SB. The team is horrible to watch/follow, but not horrible enough to stop posting about on an internet message board. :wacko:

Maybe SDS should screen all Bills fans so only the ones content to be fans of a laughingstock can post.

Banking on street free agents, UDFA's, and guys signed from other team's practice squads to be solid starters is like buying a lottery ticket with your final dollar and hoping you'll make enough to pay the rent. Sure, there's a chance you could get lucky, but the odds are stacked against you. Then again, getting lucky is the new strategy at OBD. 0:)

Banking on street free agents, UDFA's, and guys signed from other team's practice squads to be solid starters is like buying a lottery ticket with your final dollar and hoping you'll make enough to pay the rent. Sure, there's a chance you could get lucky, but the odds are stacked against you. Then again, getting lucky is the new strategy at OBD. :wacko:

Even though we drafted our two starting guards high and brought in a free agent center who they thought very highly of? There are more positions on a offensive line then LT.

Dont get me wrong I would love to see them bring in a vet for LT......but its not like the whole line is a bunch of guys they pick up off the waiver wire.