Dolphins Owner says they are going to the Super Bowl

major

Ross said. "I know (because) he started in the University of Michigan as a true freshman playing in front of 110,000 people and leading them to the Big 10 championship, as a true freshman."

that is a bit of redudancy there.

Good for him. One things for certain, if you don't expect to win, you won't. Like the poem I heard at my nephew's graduation the other day, "if you want to win but think you won't, you've already lost." or something like that. I's true. Of course you can also think you'll win and expect to win and lose, but that's another story. Personally I like his attitude. It's a winner attitude, unlike the attitude rampant on here that we won't be able to win for several years. If our coaches and players have that attitude too, then hopefully we can win in a few years, but probably not.

Yes, but did Ross say he was committed to bringing a championship to the Dols?

Why do people have an issue with this statement? Every team is 0-0 right now...people would have laughed their ass off if the Rams ownder declared a SB berth the year they actually went (and WON) as they were the worst team in the NFL the year before, but not only did they make it but they were dominant all year and in the playoffs for the most part.

What do people want him to say? "Well, we might be good and we migh suck...but hopefully some things will go our way and we can win a few games?

Do you people realize this is the same team that went from winning 1 game to winning the division the very next year just a couple of years ago? And that team had way less talent than this years Dolphins team.

So, while I hate the Dolphins, I really don't see whats wrong with an owner believing his team is good enough to get to the SB. Personally, I dont think they will and that Balt will represent the AFC this year, but thats just my opinnion. I am not sold on Henne and I am not ready to appoint the Fins a great team...but, if Henne does make a big leap, then it would not shock me to see the Dolphins do well this year and they could be very dangerous if so.

Yeah, because there's never been a surprising team in the Superbowl. Remember when the Giants barely snuck into the playoffs in'08? I wonder what happened to them...

Anyway, I know we're all supposed to hate everything the Dolphins say or do, but I see nothing wrong in an owner giving his team a vote of confidence.

The Giants tied for the 3rd best record in the conference in 2007 with Seattle who won the West the year they went on to win the Super Bowl. They were one game ahead of the other wild card and at least 2 games ahead of the NFC teams that didn't make the playoffs.

How is that barely sneaking into the playoffs?

I don't see it happening personally because I think we have a few years to go, but I wouldn't have a problem at all if Ralph announced we were going to the SB this year.

hell ya. i personally have a huge problem with every bills team over the past 10 years saying their goal was to go to the playoffs. isnt the only goal that should matter is a SB victory. i havent heard a bill mutter the word SuperBowl in forever. lets have some f***in attitude for once. they should be going balls out for the superbowl every year, not trying to slowly progress toward a wildcard spot. name one team that won a superbowl quietly and progressively over many years. sure its happened, but i can name a whole lot more that rose to supremacy in one or two years.