Dolphins Owner says they are going to the Super Bowl

major

That's great for them. I wonder if he bought a block of tickets so they can all sit together and watch the game as a team, or if he bought them randomly, scattered throughout the stadium so they would be less noticeable.

That's great for them. I wonder if he bought a block of tickets so they can all sit together and watch the game as a team, or if he bought them randomly, scattered throughout the stadium so they would be less noticeable.

Nanker, I thought I heard that they were going to share a suite with Jim Langer, Dick Anderson, Jake Scott, Larry Csonka and all those guys from the 1972 team which won Super Bowl VII. Supposedly they are going to have a big circle jurk around their Lombardi Trophy at halftime and celebrate the Patriots losing to the Giants three years ago by popping open a magnum of Dom Perignon and spraying the bubbly all over each other and the trophy.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/...in&hpt=Sbin

Some jokes just write themselves.

Which owner? J-Lo? Jimmy Buffet?

FYI: I will go on a limb and predict the Bills will crush the Dolphins in the opener. I see an overconfident Miami team believing what they read about the Bills and their own hype.

PTR

Superbowl? LOL! They'll be lucky if they make it into the playoffs as a wildcard.

Yeah, because there's never been a surprising team in the Superbowl. Remember when the Giants barely snuck into the playoffs in'08? I wonder what happened to them...

Anyway, I know we're all supposed to hate everything the Dolphins say or do, but I see nothing wrong in an owner giving his team a vote of confidence.

Yeah, because there's never been a surprising team in the Superbowl. Remember when the Giants barely snuck into the playoffs in'08? I wonder what happened to them...

Anyway, I know we're all supposed to hate everything the Dolphins say or do, but I see nothing wrong in an owner giving his team a vote of confidence.

Why not the Bills going to the SB and winning it? I mean, if we're talking about "surprise" teams and all.

Well, we certainly don't have to worry about our owner making such a prediction!

Whew!---what a relief.

I don't see it happening personally because I think we have a few years to go, but I wouldn't have a problem at all if Ralph announced we were going to the SB this year.

I would find it as silly as Ross' claim. I'd have less of a problem with Woody Johnson making that claim, but it still would be dumb. Just let the season play out and then crow about it afterward.

Good for him. One things for certain, if you don't expect to win, you won't. Like the poem I heard at my nephew's graduation the other day, "if you want to win but think you won't, you've already lost." or something like that. I's true. Of course you can also think you'll win and expect to win and lose, but that's another story. Personally I like his attitude. It's a winner attitude, unlike the attitude rampant on here that we won't be able to win for several years. If our coaches and players have that attitude too, then hopefully we can win in a few years, but probably not.