He was just testing his new liver...

Just Jack

blood-alcohol level was 0.56 percent

:ph34r:

I've had some hard nights and rough morning but damn....

Oh, and its reprehensible that he did all of this after getting a transplant.

:ph34r:

+100 .... there are many people waiting for transplants and this moron has to set about ruining the one he received .... not to mention nearly wiping out other innocent people. I hope the judge is hard on him.

+100 .... there are many people waiting for transplants and this moron has to set about ruining the one he received .... not to mention nearly wiping out other innocent people. I hope the judge is hard on him.

Maybe part of his sentence should be giving up the liver and being on dialysis the rest of his life.

:thumbdown:

+1000

A bit of ed-u-ma-ca-tion for those who are not in the know:

It used to be that requirements for recieveing a transplanted organ were quite rigourous. When I was screened by the medical staff, I went through every test known to mankind, they tested for HIV, hep, cancer, gangrene of the dick, etc all of which would have diqualified you from elibility. Also, I went through a physiatric screening to be sure I had family support, no drug problems and the willpower to keep taking my meds. The idea is that the organs are so few that they want to give it to the person who has the best chance of keeping it for five to ten years.

This has changed dramatically in the past 15 years. Now, the idea is that every organ counts so they give it to just about anyone, so it will not be wasted. My coworkers father has lupus and has a new kidney. It's doing well, its his lungs that are killing him now.

Not to say that this practice is wrong or anything, just what has changed over the years...

I went through every test known to mankind, they tested for HIV, hep, cancer, gangrene of the dick, etc all of which would have diqualified you from elibility. Also, I went through a physiatric screening to be sure I had family support, no drug problems and the willpower to keep taking my meds.

:thumbsup:

0.56 is like two or three bottles of jack during a hockey game. Plus, the lethal dose for humans of alcohol is to have a BAC greater than or equal to 0.4. New liver or not, how in the hell did this guy (a) keep his reptilian brain working, (b) operate a vehicle?

0.56 is like two or three bottles of jack during a hockey game. Plus, the lethal dose for humans of alcohol is to have a BAC greater than or equal to 0.4. New liver or not, how in the hell did this guy (a) keep his reptilian brain working, (b) operate a vehicle?

I was wondering that too, which made me curious as to what the highest recorded BAC was. And in the US, 0.74 was recorded at a hospital. No word of anything other than that, but..... 0.74?!?! WOW!

http://drugrecognition.com/Alco.htm

Maybe part of his sentence should be giving up the liver and being on dialysis the rest of his life.

Unfortunately there is no such thing as liver dialysis.

the world of transplants is very interesting, and it is depressing that only 10% of New Yorkers are donors. I read that in Utah the number is 60% - go figure.

Steve Jobs set himself up on the transplant list in tennessee, where the wait for organs is much shorter (not saying that is a bad thing).