antonio coleman, chris kelsay

Thanks for posting the Iron Bowl highlights Cynical.

On a few of your points. I don't have the habit of trusting scouting reports out of hand as I'm sure you don't either.

I do like seeing tape on the player myself. My ultimate evaluation (fwiw) will come from a combo of the two. Of course highlights are not always representative but watching 65-70 plays of a player is certainly better than only reading about them.

I disagree with your assessment of Coleman giving up on those plays against Bama.

The first one was a screen pass to the defensive left side on a play where Coleman had lined up at right defensive end. As I've seen Bruce Smith do many, many times, he knew he was not in the play and didn't do the (albeit admirable) Chris Kelsay run as fast as possible in vain, play.

The second play he was in a 3-man containment rush against 6 blockers. Again, you can struggle in vain or set containment and spy on the quarterback, try to read his passing lanes and maybe get a hand on the ball.

On neither of these plays did I think Coleman "gave up" on the plays, but made the decision to not waste his energy in vain.

Anyways, we don't have to agree. I look forward to seeing what kind of player he is.