Any Philly area folks heading to the Beer Expo today?

Yuengling from the tap...about as good as it gets for a lager. One of the many things I miss about Philly :wallbash:

Was just there. Had a couple of ice cold Yuengling drafts with some excellent pizza from Sava's in University City. It doesn't get any better.

PTR

Generally beer on tap is always better than from a bottle. Yuengling though?? To me it has little flavor.

I think Yuengling has a terrific taste. If you mean it's not a strongly-flavored beer, I'll agree with you. But it's hardly lacking flavor.

PTR

I think Yuengling has a terrific taste. If you mean it's not a strongly-flavored beer, I'll agree with you. But it's hardly lacking flavor.

PTR

Not sure how it tastes on tap, but my rule of thumb

Green Bottle=Poop Beer!!!

Clear Bottle= Double Poop Beer

BTW Pooj, just saw this. 31 different Bells beers on tap tonight in Philly. Little hike from KOP, but fresh Hopslam..umm yummy!!! That is my favoritest beer in the world!!! Get your behind down there

http://beeradvocate.com/events/info/34587

Also Pooj, good weekend to come visit the kiddies

http://allaboutbeer.com/gather-for-beer/wo...a/beer-line-up/

I am out of town for vacation starting Friday, but this looks pretty awesome. If you are going to go, vist Hunh at Mekong for tickets..good dude and I think he makes a bit off every ticket he sells, plus its cheaper than buying at the door

yeah well the beer expo kind of did me in on saturday and if i don't have another beer for a long while, i won't be too disappointed....that said i am sure i will recover sooner rather than later, but man did i get sloppy drunk on saturday....yikes....

BTW Pooj, just saw this. 31 different Bells beers on tap tonight in Philly. Little hike from KOP, but fresh Hopslam..umm yummy!!! That is my favoritest beer in the world!!! Get your behind down there

http://beeradvocate.com/events/info/34587

Also Pooj, good weekend to come visit the kiddies

http://allaboutbeer.com/gather-for-beer/wo...a/beer-line-up/

I am out of town for vacation starting Friday, but this looks pretty awesome. If you are going to go, vist Hunh at Mekong for tickets..good dude and I think he makes a bit off every ticket he sells, plus its cheaper than buying at the door

Not sure how it tastes on tap, but my rule of thumb

Green Bottle=Poop Beer!!!

Clear Bottle= Double Poop Beer

99% of the time I drink it from draught. In fact I try to avoid canned or bottled beer.

Which reminds me of a question I have. Maybe you can help answer it...it's a two-parter: 1) Is the Heineken mini-keg real draught beer, meaning it's not pasteurized like bottled beer? and 2) Why aren't more brewers following suit? I don't care for Heiney but if Blue Moon, Sam Adams, Yuengling or another good craft beer made a mini-keg that wasn't pasteurized I'd be all over it.

PTR

99% of the time I drink it from draught. In fact I try to avoid canned or bottled beer.

Which reminds me of a question I have. Maybe you can help answer it...it's a two-parter: 1) Is the Heineken mini-keg real draught beer, meaning it's not pasteurized like bottled beer? and 2) Why aren't more brewers following suit? I don't care for Heiney but if Blue Moon, Sam Adams, Yuengling or another good craft beer made a mini-keg that wasn't pasteurized I'd be all over it.

PTR

Not sure on the keg question, but Blue Moon I believe is non-pasteurized. Also, Blue Moon is brewed and bottled by Coors.

Not sure on the keg question, but Blue Moon I believe is non-pasteurized. Also, Blue Moon is brewed and bottled by Coors.

I was going to mention that. Blue Moon is a wolf in sheep's clothing and has a lot of people fooled.

I wouldn't say people are fooled, its pretty common knowledge that coors makes blue moon, but i would refrain from staying away from beers made by large breweries simply because who makes them. I appreciate them making the effort to make try and make something that actually tastes like something...it shows that the smaller brewers are forcing their hands and they are a bit scared.....case in point, Killian's Irish Red is a Coors product and there are much worse beers out there....

I was going to mention that. Blue Moon is a wolf in sheep's clothing and has a lot of people fooled.

I wouldn't say people are fooled, its pretty common knowledge that coors makes blue moon, but i would refrain from staying away from beers made by large breweries simply because who makes them. I appreciate them making the effort to make try and make something that actually tastes like something...it shows that the smaller brewers are forcing their hands and they are a bit scared.....case in point, Killian's Irish Red is a Coors product and there are much worse beers out there....

Absolutely..I don't care who brews a beer, only what it tastes like. Michelob actually has some decent wheat beers that are just fine.

BTW Pooj, had a Lancaster Hop Hog last night and thought it was just awful.

PTR

It's pasteurized. Otherwise it would only be good for about a month and would need to be kept cold at all times. I drink unpasteurized draught beer all the time. Homebrew. :devil:

I knew Blue Moon is really Coors. But they don't exactly have a wide range of craft microbrews in many bars. So I'm glad there is something worth drinking when I go out for a post-hockey beer with the guys. Like Pooj says, at least the big guys recognize more people aren't gonna drink their usual pisswater.

Again, no one has a theory as to why no other beer other than Heineken offers the Draught Keg? Could it be the DK is a Heineken invention? And BillsFanNC, are you sure that the DK is pasteurized? I read that as long as it doesn't contact air it will stay fresh for months. That's why the DK has it's own CO2 system built in. No air pump to spoil the beer like you find at a frat party keg.

PTR

By the way, we have a great brewpub up here...The Bethlehem BrewWorks. What makes this place great is they have their own brews on tap and in addition have a beer garden where you can purchase from a list of dozens of imports, as well. As if that wasn't enough, it's also next door to a branch of the Keystone Brewing Supply store.

I don't get over there near often enough. Might have to organize a field trip. :devil: So if some of you mullets down there near th pits of Hell are looking for a few drinks and aren't afraid of the drive, let me know.

That's a fair take on it. I suppose it just kind of rubs me the wrong way that a large brewer is "posing" as a micro-brewery for their share of the market. However, I do agree (with you, plenz, and promo) that having more craft-style beers available, regardless of who brews them, is a good thing. :devil:

yeah its not as good as the name would suggest....try the amish 4 grain ale...its not a bad beer

Absolutely..I don't care who brews a beer, only what it tastes like. Michelob actually has some decent wheat beers that are just fine.

BTW Pooj, had a Lancaster Hop Hog last night and thought it was just awful.