What a bush league city

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently went over the border to a tuesday night Bisons game. Maybe a hundred in the stands.

Free tickets where i ate dinner. Talked to the bartender, who said about the down-town workers: "they all go home. This place is dead."

No newspaper coverage of baseball or football. (Hey, the Sabres are out of it now.)

Hey Buffalo, things are going on. hire some reporters.

It's the City's fault only a 100 people like the Bisons? If there were more reporters, what would that make the attendance? 103? :thumbsup:

The guy went to the wrong places (free bisons tix with dinner should have been your first clue), and it's the city's fault? Hilarious.

This is true--bottom line, why would someone enter this country to see the Bisons play? And then complain?

This is true--bottom line, why would someone enter this country to see the Bisons play? And then complain?

good point, i didnt even notice the irony that he came into town for a "minor league" game, then calls the experience "bush league". yeah, no kidding!

He started a new thread said he boozed too much and had a **** day so he's sorry. I don't know why he but he didn't want to read this thread as he says he can't remember what he said in it. I think we should all NOT write in his apoligy thread (or this one anymore) so they just goes away that much faster.

He started a new thread said he boozed too much and had a **** day so he's sorry. I don't know why he but he didn't want to read this thread as he says he can't remember what he said in it. I think we should all NOT write in his apoligy thread (or this one anymore) so they just goes away that much faster.

why make it go away? i don't see the point. if he feels bad, it's generally our job to make him feel a little worse, or at least to have him buy a round on the house.

who's up for it? :thumbsup:

jw

You mean all the other sports fans in Buffalo were at the Bills and Sabres games that night? Or the poor fans in Buffalo can't afford $6 Bison tickets?

Look, the Red Wings are so under the radar here. Nobody talks about them, yet they draw what they do. The excuses given aren't valid. Easily proven false.

Obviously there are no Bills or Sabres games being played right now. It's the mentality of those being major league teams that people can go to see, in season, rather than minor league ball. I'm just trying to understand how the Wings draw 10K to games, much less midweek ones. It's good to hear, but strange.

I remember going to the Zoo bar on Halloween, it was possibly the most fun I've ever had at a bar. Ant, trust me, I've had a lot of fun at bars :wallbash:

You have been to a bar? .... What's next, an admission you have been to one of those places where women take their clothes off for money? I am shocked :ph34r: