Chris Kelsay speaks again....our new OLB

That is fair. Maybin might do a lot better 15 lbs heavier at his new position. Last year I thought he had the strength to play safety, this year he might have the strength to play linebacker. He is a good tackler. His Penn State pedigree shows there.

I understand from some very reliable sources that last year he thought of himself as a star, and had a very poor attitude, especially with some of the older players. I hope this year he comes in with a different attitude.

what if kelsay somehow found his way into 12 sacks this year as an OLB? this board would implode!

Chris Kelsay will "somehow find his way" to 12 sacks this season and Trent Edwards will "somehow pass his way" to 31 TD's and the Bills will "somehow win thier way" to the SB Championship. :ph34r:

Why not? I mean with mega successful coaches like Chan Gailey and George Edwards leading the way, how can we possibly lose our usual.....9 to 11 games a season??

I disagree. He will not make the team.

I would be surprised by this. While I doubt he's in our long term plans as he likely won't be a good fit in the 3-4, by all spoken accounts we'll be running a hybrid 3-4/4-3 defense. This is to compensate for our lack of talent and depth needed to run a pure 3-4. Since Kelsy was a decent starter for us last year as a 4-3 end, I suspect he makes the team this year to help us run the 4-3 when we do.

IMO the only way he doesn't make the team is if we really hit on most of our draft picks. Even then it's a gamble to count on rookies, even if they look good in practice.

Kelsey is overpaid, but he's not a bad player, just not a difference maker. (A common theme on our team unfortunately)

He is a liability. He is completely fooled by every single reverse or draw. I watch film on the bills and while Schobel is never fooled, Kelsay is fooled by offensive trickery 90% if the time. He gets off blocks well against the run, and is tall.

Maybin has no chance. We should admit we screwed up and get rid of them both in the most financially responsible way.

We all knew Losman was never going to develop. We all know Maybin sucks. Why cant the front office admit it?

How much film of Maybin playing LB have you watched? :ph34r:

I love how whenever a player says something confident, he gets flamed here. I guess the rule is, if the fanbase isn't satisfied with your play, you don't ever get to open your mouth.

Kelsay isn't the best example, but I think that a guy like Whitner or Lynch would literally get flamed for saying ANYTHING.

What he said. :wallbash:

I've guessed I've missed something. I have not seen quickness or any ability to move in space. I don't think he can cover anybody out of the backfield or a TE and he doesn't have the quickness to get to the backfield. I really believe he is going to be cut. If Schoebel surprises and comes back its a definite.

If the good character is so important get him some pom-poms or a clipboard. He was the typical Marv pick. White guy with a "high motor." Unfortunately it has been stuck in neutral for his career.

You do know that he was drafted in 2003 and Marv's first draft as GM came in 2006.

Incredible how Marv extended influence over Donahoe.

He is a liability. He is completely fooled by every single reverse or draw. I watch film on the bills and while Schobel is never fooled, Kelsay is fooled by offensive trickery 90% if the time. He gets off blocks well against the run, and is tall.

Maybin has no chance. We should admit we screwed up and get rid of them both in the most financially responsible way.

We all knew Losman was never going to develop. We all know Maybin sucks. Why cant the front office admit it?

Maybin can be a good LB. I'ts still to soon to say he sucks. Wait to see what he does this pre-season/season and go from there.