Help Legal Eagles

dib

My felon neighbor has 5 felonies pending. All of a sudden they are listed as: Disposition Entered. If any of you have a laymans definition for this I would appreciate it.

I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn Express lately, but this seems to be your best answer that I could find.....

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...26151831AAEvsJ4

Disposition of a case is a pretty generic term and it means that the case has been brought to a conclusion. Sometimes a sentence is imposed, sometimes charges are dismissed, it can pretty much mean any type of conclusion of the case. The best thing to do it go to the court and ask to see the file (since you are a party to the case you have that right) and look at the final Order or Sentence or whatever has been entered that says how the case was disposed of.

So maybe he plead guilty and is going away?

I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn Express lately, but this seems to be your best answer that I could find.....

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...26151831AAEvsJ4

Disposition of a case is a pretty generic term and it means that the case has been brought to a conclusion. Sometimes a sentence is imposed, sometimes charges are dismissed, it can pretty much mean any type of conclusion of the case. The best thing to do it go to the court and ask to see the file (since you are a party to the case you have that right) and look at the final Order or Sentence or whatever has been entered that says how the case was disposed of.

So maybe he plead guilty and is going away?

That would be wonderful. He likes to beat up women. He lays a hand on my family and I will put him in the ground

I would really watch what you post on the forums.... If the guy turns up dead and the authorities start looking into you, it could end up badly if they find posts like this.

I'm not a lawyer, but I've watched crime shows on TV... :)

I would really watch what you post on the forums.... If the guy turns up dead and the authorities start looking into you, it could end up badly if they find posts like this.

It would be in self defense because "I was in fear for my life."

On a lighter note when I first saw the title, "help leagal eagles", I thought for sure you were launching an assault to get your avatars back...

If only. I believe I am being held up as an example, regardless of what else that gets posted no one has been chastised to the degree I have been.

If only. I believe I am being held up as an example, regardless of what else that gets posted no one has been chastised to the degree I have been.

Waaah-mbulace on the way.

Disposition means the cases are concluded. He might have been found not guilty. He might have pleaded guilty. He might have been found guilty. It's not an indication of the reult--just an indication that whatever proceeding was going on, it's now over.

Plus with Steely likely to be on the case and incorrectly soving it again, it could be big trouble for dib.

My felon neighbor has 5 felonies pending. All of a sudden they are listed as: Disposition Entered. If any of you have a laymans definition for this I would appreciate it.

In my world this is mumbo jumbo for the case is over, but the paperwork hasn't made it to the clerk yet. I would guess that he took a plea to one, two, three of the charges with the others dismissed (plea deal). Usually paperwork to the clerk only becomes an issue when there is a plea and both attorneys need to sign the paperwork, etc. Believe it or not, there is a lot more paperwork associated with a plea than with a jury trial.

Thats my guess at least.