Nix/Gailey killed Lynch to the 'hawks for a 3rd

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

ryan leaf was a first round pick

does he catch passes well? no

Ryan Leaf NEVER had Lynch's positive production at any point.

Lynch has more catches than Freddy Jackson. What are you talking about? You are making little sense.

Nix/Gailey shouldn't run a team based on who the fans like or don't like. That would be incompetent. They

are doing the right thing keeping Lynch. Best thing you can do is stop whining about it and enjoy what Gailey

has planned.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry. can't spend my life on this board. there is that thing known as employment. and those known as family and friends. give them a shot.

Most here can handle all of that. Not that difficult.

Who named Jackson 1st string????

Lynch is the best back on the team (JagOff or not) and fred jackson is a year older not a year better. Nix/Gailey are looking ahead to a future backfield tandem of Lynch/Spiller and they will be disgusting.

If lynch loses the 'tude he'll be the #1 back to start the season.

:)

Maybe someone will go down in training camp and they can get a 2nd in the 2011 draft?

ML's value is declining not increasing. If it is true that the Bills declined a third round pick for him in the last drart they are stupid. If Lynch is disgruntled before the season even started how is he going to respond when he is the third back?

I remember the guys on NFL Network saying that the Seahawks had offered a 4th for Lynch and when that was turned down, they traded that pick for LenDale White. I've never heard any mention of a 3rd rounder. I'd rather keep Lynch than trade him for a 3rd round pick. If LenDale White can go for a 4th, Lynch is worth a 2nd...

If and that is a big if lynch comes to play we are going to very happy watching him close out some games . He can be a beast in the 4th quarter. You get the filling if Chan wants him he has a plan for him. That said he looks good in camp maybe they bite on a second round offer. Who the hell really knows.

ML's value is declining not increasing. If it is true that the Bills declined a third round pick for him in the last drart they are stupid. If Lynch is disgruntled before the season even started how is he going to respond when he is the third back?

It's not declining just because he's missing OTA's. That (possibly) only reflects on his feelings/situation WRT the team. His value is what it has been, and will likely increase if a team loses a starter before the trade deadline.

another example of why these tards are incapable of running this team. all i liked from the draft was spiller. and after taking him you don't dump lynch for a 3rd rounder? why not jump at that chance to flush such a smelly turd when you have f jax and cj the great?

Why would you want them to trade Lynch for a 3rd round draft pick since you clearly don't like their draft strategy? You are contradicting yourself. You should be saying "The only player I like that they drafted was Spiller, so I don't want them to trade Lynch and give these guys another draft pick to screw up". I completely disagree with the premise of your post - and apparently so do you.

another example of why these tards are incapable of running this team.

"tards"? Really? :):sick::angry::thumbsup:

OP, and whole thread, needs a do-over. Can we try this again and make sense? On the other hand, do we really need to? I wish camp would just start so we don't have to keep doing this to ourselves!!!! :beer:

Since we're reading between the lines, I'm going to also convince myself that the Hawks were offering Lofa Tatupu.

MAN, I CAN'T BELIEVE WE PASSED UP ON TATUPU!!!!!! IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!

We could have had a V8 for Lynch! Idiots!

PTR

One of the many failings of the Levy/Brandon as GM debacle was allowing players to decide if they wanted to play in Buffalo or not. Before their first season even began they agreed to not franchise Nate Clements after the season, which in essence cost Buffalo a first day draft pick at the very least. Then the following offseason, Clements walked for nothing and Levy allowed McGahee and Spikes to talk their way out of town. Jason Peters no doubt saw this and was emboldened by the Bills weak-willed handling of players.

I don't know their intentions, but it was time for someone in the Bills organization to put an end to this. If that means not getting value for Lynch, so be it.

In the last 40 years, the picks by the Bills in the third round:

Chris Ellis

Trent Edwards

Ashton Youboty

Kevin Everett

Tim Anderson

Angelo Crowell

Coy Wire

Ron Edwards

Jonas Jennings

Corey Moore

Shawn Bryson

Robert Hicks

Matt Stevens

Marlon Kerner

Damian Covington

Marlo Perry

Corey Louchiey

Keith Gouganous

Darryl Wren

Glenn Parker

Don Beebe

Bernard Ford

David Brandon

Jamie Mueller

Leonard Burton

Frank Reich

Hal Garner

Don Corbin

Rodney Bellinger

Sean McNanie

Speedy Neal

Eugene Marve

Mike Mosley

Robert Geathers

Mark Brammer

John Schmeding

John Borchardt

Dennis Johnson

Danny Fulton

Curtis Brown

John Kimbrough

Ben Williams

Gary Marangi

Joe Ferguson

Bob Kampa

Fred Swendson

Bruce Jarvis

Jim Braxton

And the few good ones in the last couple years listed, like Ferguson and Braxton, were when there were several less teams, so those guys taken at the top of the third round, which they were, wouldn't have been available in the third round.

In other words, we get a reasonably decent player about every five years in the third round.

another example of why these tards are incapable of running this team. all i liked from the draft was spiller. and after taking him you don't dump lynch for a 3rd rounder? why not jump at that chance to flush such a smelly turd when you have f jax and cj the great?

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/06/02/gailey-mum...tatus-of-lynch/

arseshawn Lynch hasn’t reported to voluntary organized team activities with the Bills. No-nonsense coach Chan Gailey doesn’t sound too pleased about it.

Gailey met with reporters Wednesday and was asked whether he had spoken to Lynch or expected him in for the current three-day set of voluntary practices.

Gailey’s response: “No.”

When asked which part of the question he was answering, Gailey made it simple: “Both questions,” he said.

And that’s all there was to it. Having just watched the video that came across the NFL newsroom, it doesn’t appear to be Gailey’s favorite topic of conversation. Judging by the three words on the topic, there also doesn’t appear to be a great deal of concern, either. The exchange follows up multiple reports this week that Lynch would show up for workouts.

Lynch told Comcast Sports Network in San Francisco early last week that he planned on returning to the Bills late in the week, and he said general manager Buddy Nix told him he wouldn’t be traded. So far, neither of those things have happened, and I’m told by NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi that there is no interest in Lynch from teams around the league. Allen Wilson of The Buffalo News suggests that the Bills, who were reportedly explored trading Lynch before the draft, killed a deal with the Seahawks by demanding a second-round pick in return.

By promoting Fred Jackson and drafting C.J. Spiller, the new regime in Buffalo has made its intentions clear. But for now, we’re left to take Nix at his word (via Lynch) that the Bills plan to stay the course.

i'm told the Bills weren't seriously exploring any trades for Lynch at draft time, nor after they selected C.J. Spiller. now, that may have changed in the weeks that have followed, but the Lynch trade was not on the table at that point.

jw

i'm told the Bills weren't seriously exploring any trades for Lynch at draft time, nor after they selected C.J. Spiller. now, that may have changed in the weeks that have followed, but the Lynch trade was not on the table at that point.

jw

How about reports that the Bills were "visibly upset" when Denver drafted Tebow? Or that they had a trade lined up with the Jets to get back into Round 1?

The Bills sincerely want to keep Lynch-

He is the only RB that can block- Jackson cannot. Even if McIntyre could block, his presence on the field would tip the defense because he is not considered an actual offensive running threat.

The reason the Bills need a blocking RB is that the "Pistol" formation (which Gailey pioneered and employed at KC because his QB was a third stringer) shows a HB and FB in the formation just in front of the QB. The FB is a designated pass blocker. Lynch is the only back on the team that could fulfill the blocking assignments of the Pistol.