Nix/Gailey killed Lynch to the 'hawks for a 3rd

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

Guest three3

another example of why these tards are incapable of running this team. all i liked from the draft was spiller. and after taking him you don't dump lynch for a 3rd rounder? why not jump at that chance to flush such a smelly turd when you have f jax and cj the great?

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/06/02/gailey-mum...tatus-of-lynch/

arseshawn Lynch hasn’t reported to voluntary organized team activities with the Bills. No-nonsense coach Chan Gailey doesn’t sound too pleased about it.

Gailey met with reporters Wednesday and was asked whether he had spoken to Lynch or expected him in for the current three-day set of voluntary practices.

Gailey’s response: “No.”

When asked which part of the question he was answering, Gailey made it simple: “Both questions,” he said.

And that’s all there was to it. Having just watched the video that came across the NFL newsroom, it doesn’t appear to be Gailey’s favorite topic of conversation. Judging by the three words on the topic, there also doesn’t appear to be a great deal of concern, either. The exchange follows up multiple reports this week that Lynch would show up for workouts.

Lynch told Comcast Sports Network in San Francisco early last week that he planned on returning to the Bills late in the week, and he said general manager Buddy Nix told him he wouldn’t be traded. So far, neither of those things have happened, and I’m told by NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi that there is no interest in Lynch from teams around the league. Allen Wilson of The Buffalo News suggests that the Bills, who were reportedly explored trading Lynch before the draft, killed a deal with the Seahawks by demanding a second-round pick in return.

By promoting Fred Jackson and drafting C.J. Spiller, the new regime in Buffalo has made its intentions clear. But for now, we’re left to take Nix at his word (via Lynch) that the Bills plan to stay the course.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another example of why these tards are incapable of running this team. all i liked from the draft was spiller. and after taking him you don't dump lynch for a 3rd rounder? why not jump at that chance to flush such a smelly turd when you have f jax and cj the great?

Yeah, because they didn't pull the trigger on a trade for a first round RB that is only 24 for a 3rd rounder, they are incapable of running an NFL team. <_< Get a clue man, we need every asset we can get on offense, and to say you liked no one else other than CJ in the draft... well, you must be the only one. :lol:

Guest three3
Yeah, because they didn't pull the trigger on a trade for a first round RB that is only 24 for a 3rd rounder, they are incapable of running an NFL team. <_< Get a clue man, we need every asset we can get on offense, and to say you liked no one else other than CJ in the draft... well, you must be the only one. :lol:

ryan leaf was a first round pick

what good is a first round turd sitting on the bench @ 3rd string?

does he play special teams? no

does he catch passes well? no

another example of why these tards are incapable of running this team.

Yeah, that's how I judge any coach or GM. Do they do anything with which THREE3 might disagree? If so, they're garbage.

And by the way, thanks for the fresh info. We've only known about this for a couple of weeks. The original story on Yahoo was out around May 20.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sully_on_spor...r-a-third-.html

Guest three3
Right next to where it says the Hawks didn't have a third round pick.

will the world end in 2010? there are these things called future draft picks.

And also the report finally says that the "new regime promoted Fred Jackson and Drafted Spiller". It was the old regime that made the switch because Marshawn was suspended for 3 games last season....The new regime just inherited the old order.

Guest three3
Yeah, that's how I judge any coach or GM. Do they do anything with which THREE3 might disagree? If so, they're garbage.

And by the way, thanks for the fresh info. We've only known about this for almost a week. The Allen Wilson story referred to was out on May 28.

sorry. can't spend my life on this board. there is that thing known as employment. and those known as family and friends. give them a shot.

Lynch is much more valuable as our third/second rotational RB than a 3rd rounder. RB's get injured all the time. Either as fill in if someone goes down, or - he could be capable of challenging for the starting spot - and, at the least, it gives our coach three excellent, different backfield weapons.

The only problem - and this happened before with Peters, is if he doesn't want to show up and if he won't put forth 100% effort, on top of staying out of trouble. He's basically saying to the team - you paid me, I got in trouble, you replaced me when I was suspended, and now I want to be traded so I can make starter money somewhere else - even if you can't get fair value for me. So, if you (Bills) don't take one for me, at your expense, then I'll not show up, I'll be a distraction, maybe get in trouble again. As a response to that attitude, that selfish demand, I'd sit him for the next few years and give him as little as possible; let him age, let his production disappear, and stick to it. You lose a little with him, but you set a precedent. Other players will know they aren't going to get away with that garbage. Then it is on him to really stay in shape, to learn the book and to contribute when given the chance - to earn it, which, at this point, he seems childishly angry about having lost. What? Doesn't he want to compete?

What a ridiculous post. He's had two 1000+ yard seasons and voted to Pro Bowl once. The guy has some issues, but he can still play football. A 2nd rounder might have been nice, but you have to draw the line SOMEWHERE and that is where Nix and Gailey drew the line. I have no problem with that. If you can't see all the positive changes that Nix and Gailey have brought to the organizational culture -- the quality picks, the work ethic, the professionalism, the leadership -- then you are not paying attention. Just keep on throwing mud because that is apparently all you know how to do. Lynch also has incentive to play hard. Even if he wants out of Buffalo, in order to pull in a nice contract with another team down the road, he'll need to appear to be worth it. It is in both Buffalo's best interest and Lynch's best interest for him to play for Buffalo this season.

Lynch has tons of talent. Maybe Gailey has visions of a multi-pronged attack making use of 3 different styles of RB's. Lynch came out of college with the reputation of being a good pass-catcher. Maybe Zombie Jauron and his numerous offensive coordinators failed in making full use of this man's skills.

I wouldn't give him up for a 3rd round pick. I'd try to design an offense to make use of his talents. And then, after seeing what you have with him, Freddie and CJ, perhaps then you can move him along. Look what Atlanta paid for that San Diego back, who was LT's backup. Turner. He hadn't played much, yet his talent got them a 2nd round pick, right?

So we missed out an an extra 3rd round pick sometime in the future and are only left with 3 quality running backs on the team!?!? That's it, I've had it with these new guys.

/torches season tickets

//moves to Dallas and becomes Cowboys fan

sorry. can't spend my life on this board. there is that thing known as employment. and those known as family and friends. give them a shot.

Although I am just a lowly Practice Squad member, I understand the purpose of being an OP. When you create a topic, do a little research on whether it is an existing topic. Also, when those in the know refute your story or what you pulled out of the article being referred to, don't become a such a child and try and backtrack. It's not a good look.

All this being said, there is no mention of the aforementioned 3rd rounder. Also, if there was a "pre-draft trade" being discussed, logic would infer that it was a trade involving a pick from the 2010 draft. You know, the one the trade was being discussed during...

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/06/02/gailey-mum...tatus-of-lynch/

arseshawn Lynch hasn’t reported to voluntary organized team activities with the Bills. No-nonsense coach Chan Gailey doesn’t sound too pleased about it.

Gailey met with reporters Wednesday and was asked whether he had spoken to Lynch or expected him in for the current three-day set of voluntary practices.

Gailey’s response: “No.”

When asked which part of the question he was answering, Gailey made it simple: “Both questions,” he said.

And that’s all there was to it. Having just watched the video that came across the NFL newsroom, it doesn’t appear to be Gailey’s favorite topic of conversation. Judging by the three words on the topic, there also doesn’t appear to be a great deal of concern, either. The exchange follows up multiple reports this week that Lynch would show up for workouts.

Lynch told Comcast Sports Network in San Francisco early last week that he planned on returning to the Bills late in the week, and he said general manager Buddy Nix told him he wouldn’t be traded. So far, neither of those things have happened, and I’m told by NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi that there is no interest in Lynch from teams around the league. Allen Wilson of The Buffalo News suggests that the Bills, who were reportedly explored trading Lynch before the draft, killed a deal with the Seahawks by demanding a second-round pick in return.

By promoting Fred Jackson and drafting C.J. Spiller, the new regime in Buffalo has made its intentions clear. But for now, we’re left to take Nix at his word (via Lynch) that the Bills plan to stay the course.

Your entitled to your opinion and that's what this forum is all about. With that said, I couldn't disagree with you anymore. Especially the CJ the great comment. He hasn't even stepped on an NFL field yet and you label him as great. Get a clue and think before you say something like that. Don't embarrass yourself like that again.

Just a Bills fan giving another Bills fan a little advice.

Who named Jackson 1st string????

Lynch is the best back on the team (JagOff or not) and fred jackson is a year older not a year better. Nix/Gailey are looking ahead to a future backfield tandem of Lynch/Spiller and they will be disgusting.

If lynch loses the 'tude he'll be the #1 back to start the season.