OMFG

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn you. Did I have to read about "No Goal" today? Did I??

Apparently. I also had to watch Home-job Throw-forward again on the NFL Channel's recap of controversial calls.

Apparently. I also had to watch Home-job Throw-forward again on the NFL Channel's recap of controversial calls.

Four other really horrid calls that deserve mention: the "tuck rule", "just give it to him", Vinnie Testaverde's touchdown from the five on a four-yard dive ("I mistook his helmet for the ball" :thumbsup:), and - the most inexplicable, in my opinion - the utterly mystifying Thanksgiving Day coin toss fiasco.

Four other really horrid calls that deserve mention: the "tuck rule", "just give it to him", Vinnie Testaverde's touchdown from the five on a four-yard dive ("I mistook his helmet for the ball" :wallbash:), and - the most inexplicable, in my opinion - the utterly mystifying Thanksgiving Day coin toss fiasco.

All very memorable. One that really struck me as ridiculous is less well known: Darryl Talley's hit on an Oiler that caused a fumble in that OT game where Kelly threw 5 TDs (here's the box score). Talley hit him and the ball came free. The ruling was that his forward progress had been stopped. No stojan his forward progress had been stopped! Heck, it was reversed. I was dumbfounded.

:ph34r:

Good thing the Bills ended up winning.

And yes, the fact that I cannot remember whom Talley hit making this play not "memorable" is not lost on me. :D

Come on guys, it was a lateral plain and simple. He threw in a directly parallel line, making it NOT a forward lateral. Let's be honest here...

Come on guys, it was a lateral plain and simple. He threw in a directly parallel line, making it NOT a forward lateral. Let's be honest here...

I have two responses to that:

1. No, it wasn't. The most comprehensive and scientific analysis of the play I have seen shows the ball was thrown forward.

2. To the naked eye, anyone in proper position would have seen the play as a forward pass. It should have been called as such on the field and left to the replay officials to overturn. But, according to accounts after the game, the officials were told to hold the flags on a close play...exactly the wrong position to take when replay is an option.

Oh, I lied, there was one more response:

3. !@#$ you!