Shawn Nelson

The first few responses to the original post is proof this message board is filled with idiots, by far the worst Bills board. The poster made a legitimate point, something that recently crossed my mind. All the subsequent posters either have their facts wrong or are ignorant (which is my experience on TBD every time I post). Nelson was at the very first OTA last week, but has now missed the next 4. So he's one for 5. Same thing last year; he would be there for the first day then miss a week, make it for a day, then miss a week, etc. In other words, after today he'll have the same attendance rate as Lynch. Since the start of his career, he's missed three times more practice than he actually participates in.

If you recall, Nelson was also injured for more games than he actually played in last year. The lack of practice and/or commitment is really showing. People speculating he had a death in the family or something else is just that, speculation. The fact is, he misses so much practice time it is implausible that these death theories are true. I doubt he's had a death in the family every week of practice since he joined the team. He's hurting his development, big time. I've read or watched every interview from the staff, Chris Brown, etc. and there is not one single indication that Nelson has missed this time due to personal issues.

Except the article from over the weekend confirmed he was missing time for personal reasons. Youre right this board is filled with morons and idiots, welcome.

Except the article from over the weekend confirmed he was missing time for personal reasons. Youre right this board is filled with morons and idiots, welcome.

Actually, the reason stated for Nelson missing time is more specific than "personal reasons."

According to Nelson himself, the reason for missing time is a "personal conflict."

”I’ve been kind of going back and forth. I’ve had a personal conflict back at home."

Sounds a bit serious.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/06/05/n...lad-to-be-back/