Shawn Nelson

This dude seems to miss alot of practice time since being drafted. He needs the work. He has alot of upside....but always missing practices . <_<

You have zero idea what is going on in a player's personal life so it is beyond dumb to assume something. And I beleive he was there all last week.

This dude seems to miss alot of practice time since being drafted. He needs the work. He has alot of upside....but always missing practices . <_<

I heard he was in the fifth grade learning it's poor grammer to end his sentences with prepositions :lol:

You have zero idea what is going on in a player's personal life so it is beyond dumb to assume something. And I beleive he was there all last week.

Us people with a "normal" life have to work 8 hours, 5 days a week and have to use personal days to take care of our personal stuff.

These guys haven't been forced to do anything for months and they can't arrange their schedules to report for workouts for 3 days in a week for a few hours each day?? That's a bunch of BS!!! I can give some leeway if it were doctors' appts or something like that where you have to schedule in advance, but of course they have team doctors.

Also, they should know the schedule of these OTAs in advance so they should've been able to work around them. No excuses except for a family medical issue.

Us people with a "normal" life have to work 8 hours, 5 days a week and have to use personal days to take care of our personal stuff.

These guys haven't been forced to do anything for months and they can't arrange their schedules to report for workouts for 3 days in a week for a few hours each day?? That's a bunch of BS!!! I can give some leeway if it were doctors' appts or something like that where you have to schedule in advance, but of course they have team doctors.

Also, they should know the schedule of these OTAs in advance so they should've been able to work around them. No excuses except for a family medical issue.

You'd probably feel like an a hole if you found out someone in his family died, huh?

You'd probably feel like an a hole if you found out someone in his family died, huh?

nah he should've worked the funeral arrangements around voluntary minicamp schedule. Why do people in their families have to be dying, when these professionals have the option to show up or not? Ungrateful derelicts <_<

nah he should've worked the funeral arrangements around voluntary minicamp schedule. Why do people in their families have to be dying, when these professionals have the option to show up or not? Ungrateful derelicts <_<

Seriously. People act like because athletes get paid a lot of money, they are supposed to be robots and not have the same personal problems we all have. It's really dumb to assume something, especially because a player missed a VOLUNTARY practice.

Seriously. People act like because athletes get paid a lot of money, they are supposed to be robots and not have the same personal problems we all have. It's really dumb to assume something, especially because a player missed a VOLUNTARY practice.

You sound like a moron. When your team has not made the playoffs in a decade, EVERY practice should be MANDATORY, all year long. I agree with the original poster. Nelson (who had a negligible impact last year) has missed a lot of practice and game time in the year and a half he has been a Bill. He is not going to get better missing practice at any time during the year. If he had a death in his family they should just say that. Short of that, he needs to be out there. We all have personal problems. You deal with them, and keep working. The guy is what 23, maybe 24. At that age, there should not be much to distract you from your goals. It is called commitment my friend. And so far in his career, Nelson seems to always be injured or missing. Just my observation.

You sound like a moron. When your team has not made the playoffs in a decade, EVERY practice should be MANDATORY, all year long. I agree with the original poster. Nelson (who had a negligible impact last year) has missed a lot of practice and game time in the year and a half he has been a Bill. He is not going to get better missing practice at any time during the year. If he had a death in his family they should just say that. Short of that, he needs to be out there. We all have personal problems. You deal with them, and keep working. The guy is what 23, maybe 24. At that age, there should not be much to distract you from your goals. It is called commitment my friend. And so far in his career, Nelson seems to always be injured or missing. Just my observation.

Well you cant make every practice mandatory. IF the team isnt satisfied with his reason for the absences it will be dealt with but taking a totalitarian approach to stuff like that isnt going to keep your players happy or playing hard.

The first few responses to the original post is proof this message board is filled with idiots, by far the worst Bills board. The poster made a legitimate point, something that recently crossed my mind. All the subsequent posters either have their facts wrong or are ignorant (which is my experience on TBD every time I post). Nelson was at the very first OTA last week, but has now missed the next 4. So he's one for 5. Same thing last year; he would be there for the first day then miss a week, make it for a day, then miss a week, etc. In other words, after today he'll have the same attendance rate as Lynch. Since the start of his career, he's missed three times more practice than he actually participates in.

If you recall, Nelson was also injured for more games than he actually played in last year. The lack of practice and/or commitment is really showing. People speculating he had a death in the family or something else is just that, speculation. The fact is, he misses so much practice time it is implausible that these death theories are true. I doubt he's had a death in the family every week of practice since he joined the team. He's hurting his development, big time. I've read or watched every interview from the staff, Chris Brown, etc. and there is not one single indication that Nelson has missed this time due to personal issues.

The first few responses to the original post is proof this message board is filled with idiots, by far the worst Bills board. The poster made a legitimate point, something that recently crossed my mind. All the subsequent posters either have their facts wrong or are ignorant (which is my experience on TBD every time I post). Nelson was at the very first OTA last week, but has now missed the next 4. So he's one for 5. Same thing last year; he would be there for the first day then miss a week, make it for a day, then miss a week, etc. In other words, after today he'll have the same attendance rate as Lynch. Since the start of his career, he's missed three times more practice than he actually participates in.

If you recall, Nelson was also injured for more games than he actually played in last year. The lack of practice and/or commitment is really showing. People speculating he had a death in the family or something else is just that, speculation. The fact is, he misses so much practice time it is implausible that these death theories are true. I doubt he's had a death in the family every week of practice since he joined the team. He's hurting his development, big time. I've read or watched every interview from the staff, Chris Brown, etc. and there is not one single indication that Nelson has missed this time due to personal issues.

I thought i heard he was missing for personal reasons, did not assert it as a hard fact. And I am by no means an ignorant poster, i have more football experience than 99% of the posters on this board.

If someone died in his family, he doesn't have to say to the fans moron. It's none of your damn business.