Fox Sports columnist Jay Glazer runs a NFL

No doubt the smack down he received from Hines Ward served as motivation.

I remember when Ed too tall Jones took up boxing he actually came back in the best physical shape of his career.

Good luck Keith.

But I'm not much af a Bengals fan....Lets go Bills.

No doubt the smack down he received from Hines Ward served as motivation.

I remember when Ed too tall Jones took up boxing he actually came back in the best physical shape of his career.

Good luck Keith.

But I'm not much af a Bengals fan....Lets go Bills.

Cheap shot by Ward - he has the rep for that. Rivers was not a factor in the play outcome. See also Sapps' hit on GB's tackle Clifford.

The fallout from Ward's shot was an NFL rule change - the so-called "Hines Ward rule.":

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09083/957938-100.stm

And as some predicted, the safe way to avoid a flag was to go for the legs and knees. It happened. Ask BUF.

Cheap shot by Ward - he has the rep for that. Rivers was not a factor in the play outcome. See also Sapps' hit on GB's tackle Clifford.

The fallout from Ward's shot was an NFL rule change - the so-called "Hines Ward rule.":

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09083/957938-100.stm

And as some predicted, the safe way to avoid a flag was to go for the legs and knees. It happened. Ask BUF.

Stop it Cincy. It was a perfect hit. Ward plays his ass off and plays hard. It's football. Ward is a top 10 receiver in the league and should be a HOFer. It's why he has 2 rings while physically more talented receivers like 85, Moss, TO, etc. have zero.

I'd take Ward on my team anyday of the week. My favorite non-Bill in the NFL. He is fearless, will knock you out, and smiles while doing it.

Stop it Cincy. It was a perfect hit. Ward plays his ass off and plays hard. It's football. Ward is a top 10 receiver in the league and should be a HOFer. It's why he has 2 rings while physically more talented receivers like 85, Moss, TO, etc. have zero.

I'd take Ward on my team anyday of the week. My favorite non-Bill in the NFL. He is fearless, will knock you out, and smiles while doing it.

Stop it Biscuit. What in the world motivated the NFL to make that rule change? Do you think they had time on their hands one day and were so bored at playing pinochle, they just decided what the heck, lets make up a new rule? <_<

I've nothing against Ward - but he took a gratuitous shot worthy of a Rodney Harrison* against an unsuspecting player who in no way could have affected the outcome of the play. What he did do was cause the taking away good numbers of formerly legit high hits for fear of a flag, so folks went for the legs and knees last season.

Stop it Biscuit. What in the world motivated the NFL to make that rule change? Do you think they had time on their hands one day and were so bored at playing pinochle, they just decided what the heck, lets make up a new rule? <_<

I've nothing against Ward - but he took a gratuitous shot worthy of a Rodney Harrison* against a an unsuspecting player who in no way could have affected the outcome of the play. What he did do was take away a goodly number of legit high hits for fear of a flag so folks went for the legs and knees last season.

It's because Rivers got hurt. If he was fine like when Ward laid out Ed Reed, no one care. Ward is a football player plain and simple and that hit was legal. It sucks that Rivers got hurt.

I've nothing against Ward - but he took a gratuitous shot worthy of a Rodney Harrison* against a an unsuspecting player who in no way could have affected the outcome of the play. What he did do was take away a goodly number of legit high hits for fear of a flag so folks went for the legs and knees last season.

agreed. Hines Ward is a physical competative player, but there's a good reason he's routinely voted one of the dirtiest players in the game. It's a reputation well deserved, on the level of Rodney Harrison

agreed. Hines Ward is a physical competative player, but there's a good reason he's routinely voted one of the dirtiest players in the game. It's a reputation well deserved, on the level of Rodney Harrison

He's not even close to the level of Harrison. He never goes at guy's legs. The reason he is viewed as dirty is because he doesn't play all buddy with defenders and doesn't take plays off. He palys the whistle and will hit anyone. But the league is so soft now that palying hard bothers people. Defenders would rather go agaisnt plays like TO who half ass if when the ball is coming their way.